A Bigger Rice Bowl
- Encroachment 'battlefield' now more peaceful. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on encroachment disputes among restaurant chains in the U.S. Provision of territorial exclusivity to current franchisee; Revision of contracts allowing encroachment; Solutions developed for same-brand cannibalization.
- Franchisee training: Preparation for the real world. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;10/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p3
Focuses on the franchisee training programs of restaurant chains in the United States. Approaches in franchisee training; Requirements to new franchisees; Components of training programs; Focus of the training programs of various restaurants.
- They must be giants. Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;6/10/94, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p90
Focuses on restaurant franchisers' preference to do business with contract feeders. Advantages of dealing with management companies; Independent franchisees' reaction.
- Harvest time. Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;08/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 16, p71
Focuses on the international expansion of several American restaurant chains. Reason accounting for greater acceptance of franchising in Asia and Latin America; Prominent international restaurant concept; Caution for international expansion of restaurant chains.
- Uncommon market. Casper, Carol // Restaurant Business;02/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p55
No abstract available.
- Continental divide. // Restaurant Business;02/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p58
No abstract available.
- Food franchising trend: Consumer preferences power chain operators into the 21st century. Wilkerson, Jerry // Nation's Restaurant News;06/14/99, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p28
Comments on the influence of consumer preferences on food franchising trends among chain restaurants in the United States. Competitive strategies among industry franchisors to ensure customer loyalty; Fragmentation of marketing trends among chain restaurants.
- Restaurant owner-operator scales new heights. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the operation of Apple-Metro Inc. in Westchester County, New York. Franchise for national restaurant chain in the casual-dining category; Sales volume of the restaurants; Market share within the food industry.
- Suggestions for finding food options. Bennett, Julie // Franchise Times;Feb97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p18
Presents tips for businessmen looking for a food franchise. Wariness of operations that are growing too fast; Growth potential of restaurant chains with multi-ethnic concepts; Search for concepts that equipped to take orders by electronic mail.