- Burton's chief to lead merged giant. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);11/2/2000, p5
Reports that Adrian Sharpe will be the chief executive of British biscuit firm Burton's following its acquisition by Texas-based venture capital firm Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst. Amount spent by Hicks Muse in the purchase; Merger of Burton's with Horizon; Market share of Burton's.
- Hungry for more. // Business Press;9/13/96, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p6
Reports that Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst has added Fort Worth, Texas-based Ranch Style Beans to its brand name food vendors and other organizations.
- Hicks Muse eyes TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/2/96, Vol. 126 Issue 37, p17
Reports on the plans by Chancellor Broadcasting owner Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc. to buy smaller-market television stations.
- The player. Whitley, Glenna // Texas Monthly;Mar94, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p50
Profiles Texan businessman Thomas O. Hicks, head of the private investment firm Hicks, Muse, and Company. Estimated personal wealth; Personality; Appointment to the University of Texas System Board of Regents; Education; Influence of the novel `The Carpetbaggers'; High regard to personal...
- Will Bidders Vie For Dallas Stars? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/23/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the decision of Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst to sell the Texas-based Dallas Stars hockey team.
- For the record. // Beverage World;4/30/94, Vol. 113 Issue 1565, p22
Reports on the change of name by Hicks, Muse & Co. into Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc. in order to reflect the presence of firm partners Charles Tate and Jack Furst. Parent company G. Heileman Brewing's former A&W Brands chairman Lou Lowenkron's joining of management services group Turner &...
- Spreading the LBO word. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;06/23/97, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p15
Profiles Charles Tate, president of Hicks Muse Tate & Furst, focusing on Tate's efforts in combating the firm's image problem. Details on the company's success; Problems with the firm's press coverage; Circumstances surrounding Tate's promotion to president; Comments by Tate; Background...
- Hicks Muse plans $500 million Latin America Fund. Goldblatt, Jennifer // American Banker;8/7/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 151, p5
Reports on Hicks Muse Tate and Furst Inc.'s plan to raise $500 million for its first Latin American equity fund, which is expected to close early in 1998. Allocation of 20 percent of the Hicks Muse Tate and Furst Equity Fund III to Latin American investments; Other American buyout firms that...
- TV stations sold. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/18/97, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based television stations WOOD-TV8 and WOTV-41 by private investment and broadcast firm Hicks, Muse Tate & Furst Inc. Projections of advertising revenue for the television market; Anticipated upswing in the value of broadcast properties; US...