Traffic Jams Could Equal a Bonding Binge
- Roads to nowhere? Stanton, Justin // Commercial Motor;8/19/2010, Vol. 213 Issue 5395, p3
The article comments on the need for the government to improve infrastructure in Great Britain and carry out its various road construction projects without further delay.
- On the road to improved transportation. Walter, Peter J. // Business Mexico;Mar1994, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the Mexican government's privatization of transportation infrastructure. Highway network expansion; Toll road concessions; Issues for potential investors.
- A new road to growth. // Caribbean Business;2/19/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p25
Editorial. Cites improvement to road infrastructure in Puerto Rico as a worthwhile undertaking. What traffic jams show about road infrastructure; Need for road improvements in Puerto Rico; Reference to the benefits of car pools; Significance of good road construction.
- Adviser says D47 is costly and an untransparent deal. Ry&sring;nkovå, Irena // Prague Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the criticism over the D47 highway project in Prague, Czech Republic. Cost of the project; Collaboration between the Ministry of Transport committee and lawyers for Housing & Construction on the highway project contract; Context of the contract.
- Traffic plan. Bustos, Sergio R.; Bamrud, Joachim; Rojas, Yamilet // Latin Trade (English);Mar98, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p21
Reports that the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil, is building a $25-billion road around the Sao Paulo city to alleviate traffic in the city.
- Erosion control mats enhance scenic and economic appeal. // American City & County;Nov96, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the construction of the Lackawana Valley Industrial Highway in Pennsylvania to encourage economic development and attract industry. Economic decline due to the damage caused by strip mining operations, limited access, and relocation of textile industries; Concerns about erosion...
- Resources at full stretch. Gavin, James // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/13/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 28, p43
The article reports on the expansion of the road infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. To date, paved roads in Riyadh stretches about 150,000 kilometers and is still growing daily. An effective highway network linking Riyadh to Jeddah and the Eastern Province has been established by the...
- PORKBARREL HIGHWAY. Hoy, Anthony // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/12/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6254, p44
Criticizes Australian federal roads package for rural areas. Lack of provision for major infrastructure work on road links between the west and the rest of Australia; Ignorance of the strategic importance of a number of low standard, unsealed roads.
- Evaluation of a State-level Road Program to Promote Local Economic Development. Foster, Norman S.J.; Forkenbrock, David J.; Pogue, Thomas F. // Transportation Quarterly;Oct91, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p493
Studies the impacts of the Revitalize Iowa's Sound Economy (RISE) road construction program in the state of Iowa. Background on the RISE program designed to promote local economic development; Types of projects eligible for funding under the program; Overview of RISE spending; Overview of...