New Jersey Board to Decide on Camden Supervision, Bond Sale Today
- Camden's missed opportunities. // Business News New Jersey;07/26/99, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p10
Editorial. Comments on Camden, New Jersey's bankruptcy filing. State and city agreement allowing withdrawal of bankruptcy; Inept mayoral administrations; Inability to capitalize on Camden waterfront development; Need for a way to make people stay in Camden.
- Network is an ailing Camden's gateway to a healthier future. Luggiero, Cary // AHA News;05/20/96, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p2
Focuses on the efforts of the Camden City Health Improvement Learning Collaborative to revive the economy of Camden, New Jersey. Unemployment rate; Comparison with other cities.
- Camden, N.J., is hatching a plan designed to bolster its lackluster economy. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30428, p34
Reports that city officials are putting together a five-year financial plan aimed at improving Camden, New Jersey's image. State grant for the city; Proposal to allow Camden to get a cut of the taxes collected at its waterfront attractions; Possible downgrading of the city's rating by Moody's...
- Rather than an epitaph, Camden, N.J., hopes to write a whole new chapter. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p1
No abstract available.
- Camden deserves more help. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;10/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p12
Presents the case of Camden, New Jersey as an example of how nontaxable land within its boundaries impose significant burdens. Property tax problems relating to the South Jersey Port Corp.; Suits and countersuits with the state over Camden's stewardship of public money, tax revenues and in-lieu...
- Untitled. Kozol, Jonathan // Second Opinion;Apr93, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p40
Presents a quotation from Jonathan Kozol's book `Savage Inequalities.' Camden then and now; Kids ashamed to say they come from Camden; Children's persistent hunger for beauty.
- In the zone: Effort aims to link economic gains, school reform. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;5/01/96, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p1
Focuses on Camden, New Jersey, one of two cities designated as empowerment zone. Benefits anticipated from the zone status of the city; Ways of measuring the success of the zones; Provisions of the empowerment-zone program.
- $175M allocation for Camden aid is nearly exhausted, EDA reports. BURD, JOSHUA // njbiz;3/11/2013, p17
The article anticipates the budget deficit for the Camden Economic Recovery Board (ERB) in Camden County, New Jersey after more than 165 million U.S. dollars funding is nearly depleted.
- Review board proposal could help fiscally troubled Camden, N.J. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p1
Focuses on the proposal for state takeover for the city of Camden, New Jersey to improve the city's financial situation. Opposition by city leaders to the proposal; Call for the creation of a financial review board to be appointed by Governor Christine Todd Whitman; Outlook for the city by...