Counties in Utah Dream of Levying Property Taxes on Olympic Sites
- UTAH: Olympic Exemption. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31254, p47
Reports on the property tax exemption granted by Weber County, Utah to Salt Lake Organizing Committee (SLOC) for the tax years 1999-2001. Advantages of the exemption to SLOC; Property tax paid by the committee in 2001.
- Salt Lake's rough ride on the road to 2002. Biele, Katherine // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p3
Examines controversy in Utah surrounding plans and construction for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City. Resignation of Tom Welch, president of Salt Lake's Olympic Committee, following allegations that he shoved his wife; Cost of reconstruction projects; The unusual vociferous public...
- Salt Lake City Olympics 2002. Masia, Seth // Ski;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the efforts of the Salt Lake City, Utah, to bid and prepare for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Includes funds spent on lobbying; Cost of referendum; Projected cost of running the Games.
- Find the hidden message. Trinker, Greg // Ski;Nov97, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p42
Features the symbol for the 2002 Salt Lake Winter Olympics. Description of the logo; Cost of development of the snowflake logo.
- Winter Games contracts on ice. // Nation's Business;Apr96, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on how business can provide goods and services for the Winter Olympics Games scheduled for 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Compilation of registry of companies interested in contracts awarded through open bidding; Immediate needs for advertising, insurance, and medical services; Utah...
- WVC `ahead of the game' when it comes to planning for Olympics. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/20/98, Vol. 27 Issue 43, Focus p4
Focuses on the preparations made in Utah for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Opening of the E Center sports venue; Plans made for security in the area.
- Officials hope to draw big crowds to Midway during Olympics. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/11/98, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p12
Reports on preparations for the 2002 Winter Olympics at Midway, Utah. Meetings held in April 1998 in Midway and Heber City; Initial investment.
- Downtown SL has yet to begin to prepare for Olympic Games. Godfrey, Margaret // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/15/98, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on the efforts of Salt Lake City, Utah officials and residents to prepare for the Winter Olympic Games in 2002. Construction of the light rail transit; Renaming of the Delta Center into the Olympic Skating Arena; Building of the interior broadcast areas of the Salt Palace Convention...
- Quebec's Olympic quest. Robbins, Paul; Lerman, Josh // Skiing;Jan95, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on Quebec City's efforts to win the 2002 Winter Olympics. How the city's main problem is the lack of a mountain tall enough for men's downhill skiing; Proposals to build mounds and ramps on top of Le Massif, Mont Notre Dame and Cap Maillard; How Salt Lake City, Utah--another Olympic...