NEWS IN BRIEF
- Monthly Rise for Wholesale Inventories. // American Banker;10/12/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 196, p32
Focuses on statistics on wholesale inventories in the United States for August 2000. The growth in inventories at wholesale companies during the month; What the figures suggest about firms and their management of supplies; The August inventory-to-sales ratio.
- Business Inventories Jumped in September; Rising Export Demand, Y2K Concerns Cited. // American Banker;11/16/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 220, p30
Reports that United States businesses stockpiled goods in anticipation of Y2K computer problems. Rising inventories; Gross domestic product; Comments by economists Stephen Slifer and Ethan Harris.
- Domestic Financial Statistics. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jul2000, Vol. 86 Issue 7, pA4
Presents the United States' domestic financial statistics as of July 2000. Reserves, money stock and debt measures; Open market transactions; Aggregate reserves of depository institutions and monetary base; Money stock and debt measures; Commercial banks; Government securities dealers; Federal...
- Greenspan on Economy, Business Checking. // Community Banker;Jan2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on United States Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan's renewal of his support for allowing financial institutions to pay interest on business checking accounts. Speech at America's Community Bankers' 2000 Winter Management Conference in New York City; Emphasis on the state of...
- Inventory Rise Beats Expectations. // American Banker;10/17/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 199, p20
Focuses on statistics regarding inventories in the United States for August 2000. The rise in stockpiles of goods during the month; What the rise in inventories suggests about the economy; The gain in retail inventories; The rise in stockpiles at manufacturers.
- Inventories Rise, Sales Down in Oct. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p2
Reports on the increase in business inventories in the United States as of October 2000, according to the Commerce Department. Factors contributing to the increase; Increase in the inventory-to-sales ratio.
- Constant-Dollar Inventories, Sales, and Inventory-Sales Ratios for Manufacturing and Trade: 1991:I-1994:II. // Survey of Current Business;Sep94, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p51
No abstract available.
- THE CALENDAR. Smith, Stephanie D. // Money;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p21
Presents news briefs related to the United States economy for the month of May 2001. Expectation that excess inventory will be shipped by spring; Opinion that the U.S. Federal Reserve will cut interest rates again; How May 17, 1792 was the first meeting of the New York Stock Exchange.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Barnett, Chip; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p2
Presents economics-related news from the United States. Consumer price index and other indicators for December 2000; Business inventories in November 2000; Tender rates for the U.S. Treasury's 91-day and 182-day discount bills, recent as of January 17, 2001.