Just Two Muni Insiders Named To New IRS Advisory Committee
- IRS Extends TEB Mediation Program For Audited Issuers Through July 2007. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has renewed the Tax-Exempt Bond Mediation Pilot Program for another year. It can be used by issuers of tax-exempt bonds, who are under examination by the agency's tax-exempt bond office, to request intervention from a trained mediator...
- IRS Affirms Tax-Exempt Status of Tennessee Prison Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has affirmed the tax-exempt status of bonds sold to build a prison in rural Tennessee. Amount of prison bonds issued; Issues investigated by the IRS in connection with the prison bonds.
- IRS Hearing On Gas Debt Draws Crowd. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p1A
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Treasury Department's request for comments on using tax-exempt bonds to prepay for commodities. Concern of the IRS that the debt issues may violate arbitrage restrictions; Implications for natural gas purchase deals and similar...
- IRS Closes Targeted Audit of Philadelphia Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;1/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34238, p1
The Internal Revenue Service has closed a targeted audit of Philadelphia's series 2010A water and wastewater revenue refunding bonds without making any changes to the bonds' tax-exempt status.
- IRS Could Be Leaning Toward Allowing 13-Month Tran Deals. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31151, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to discourage the market from accepting maturities beyond 13 months. Concern of the IRS that some tax-exempt Tax Revenue Anticipation Notes (Tran) are outstanding longer than necessary; IRS' launch of an audit of 15-month Tran...
- IRS Seeking Two Members of the Muni Community to Join Advisory Committee. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;10/31/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33607, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is searching for two representatives of the tax-exemption bond community to join its 21-members Advisory Committee for the Tax-Exempt and Government Entities Division called ACT.
- IRS Seeing Problems in Florida Retiree Projects. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/14/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32402, p4
The article reports on the abuse in the use of tax-exempt bonds for facilities that serve the aging in Florida. According to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officer Charles Anderson, many problems are arising from the use of qualified 501(c)(3) bond proceeds under Sections 142 and 145 of the...
- IRS Planning Audit Sweep of SLGS Rollovers in 100 Municipal Issues. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31869, p1
Focuses on the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to launch an audit targeting a type of arbitrage violation occurring when issuers advance refund tax-exempt municipal bonds. Number of issue to be examine by IRS; Implication for failure of trustees to consolidate investment yields...
- Again, tax-exempts help some high-income people avoid paying the taxman. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p40
Focuses on the United States Internal Revenue Service's report on people who pay no taxes solely because they hold municipal bonds. Interest received from tax-exempt securities; Data from the agency's `Statistics of Income Bulletin.'