No Rush on Calif. Bonds
- California Passes $99B Budget, Puts $7B Ran Deal in Pipeline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the approval on the proposed fiscal budget by the Assembly in California. Use of the budget for the issuance of revenue anticipation note; Amount of the approved budget; Reliance on the anticipated sale of power revenue bonds by the budget.
- Calif. eases insurer collection of defense costs. Otis, L.H. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/18/96, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p3
States that the California appeals court has made it easier for insurers to recover cost relating to uncovered claims. Setback for Jerry Buss, Los Angeles Lakers owner; Decision in the case of Jerry Buss versus Superior Court of Los Angeles.
- New faces to recast California assembly. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p4
Reports on legislators in California who were forced to leave their seats because of California's term-limits law. Reference to member of California's State Assembly, Byron Sher; Comments from Sher; Examination of criticism of California's term limits; History of term limits in United States;...
- Summing up election in a word--moderation. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the moderate nature of Californian voters. Democrats regaining control of the state assembly; Comments from Ann Shanahan-Walsh, a San Diego political consultant; Information on the state legislature configuration.
- Calif. gets new showbiz panel. // Hollywood Reporter;4/6/95, Vol. 336 Issue 37, p7
Reports that the California Assembly's formation of the Select Committee on the Arts, the Entertainment Industry and Software and Technology. Purpose of the committee.
- IDs May Become Mandatory For California Nurses. Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Oct98, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the California Assembly passed a bill which requires healthcare providers to wear badges with their names and credentials. American state which pass a similar law; Other provision of the bill.
- Record $25.3B School Bond Plan Approved by California Assembly. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p1
Reports the approval of the school bond proposal by the California Assembly in San Francisco. Amount of the municipal bond; Construction of facilities for grades K-12 and higher education; Resources to issue bonds.
- Calif. lawmakers come up with new quake cover plan. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/18/95, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p2
Reports on the California legislature's proposal that would allow insurance carriers to provide earthquake insurance coverage limited strictly to primary dwelling losses. Consumer Union of Northern California's sponsorship of the plan; Provisions of the plan; Proposal's focus on mandatory...
- Candidates for Assembly make campaign stop at democratic club. Braatz, Rick // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/28/2010, Issue 1153, p10
The article focuses on issues raised by political candidates for the California Assembly, including Toni Atkins, Ben Hueso and Ralph Denney at a San Diego Democratic Women's Club (SDWC) meeting in January 2010.