Short-Term Paper Demand Boosts Floating-Rate Securities
- Portuguese bonds: no more sales to foreigners. Jeffreys, Simon // Accountancy;Oct91, Vol. 108 Issue 1178, p59
Reports that the Portuguese central bank has banned the purchase of Portuguese floating rate bonds by foreigners. Reasons for the increase in foreign investors' purchase of bonds; Exemption from the ban of fixed-rate treasury bonds; Privatization program of the country.
- University of Minnesota Readies $388M to Cut Floating-Rate Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33459, p4
The article reports that the University of Minnesota is ready to enter the market with 388 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds in raising funds for various projects and reduce its floating-rate exposure by refunding debt in Chicago, Illinois.
- Massachusetts Boarding School Readies $63M of Variable-Rate Revenue Bonds. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p4
Reports that Northfield, Massachusetts-based private boarding school Northfield Mount Hermon School plans to issue variable-rate revenue bonds through the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency. Use of the bonds to consolidate the school's two campuses; Underwriter for the bonds;...
- IFA Gives Nod to $230M Deal for Upscale CCRC in Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p3
Reports on the Illinois Finance Authority's approval of a plan, sponsored by the Franciscan Communities Inc., to transform a vacant highrise in Chicago's downtown Gold Coast neighborhood into an upscale continuing care retirement community. Worth of the financing reserved for the project; System...
- Detroit System COPs, Hawaii GOs in the Spotlight. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32138, p7
This article reports that the Detroit Retirement System Funding Trust will sell $1.44 billion of insured taxable pension Certificates of Participation (COP) as soon as May 23, 2005 in what is expected to be the largest deal of the week. The structure will include $640 million of fixed-rate...
- NEW YORK: N.Y.C. Seeks V R Alternatives. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/15/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33131, p9
The article reports on the plan of the city government to seek new variable-rate debt products in New York City. The city has communicated respondents to its outstanding requests for underwriting services, primarily on products that function as alternatives to variable-rate demand bonds and...
- Hospitals Going Variable. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32055, p1
This article presents information related to the trend of variable rate bonds issued by hospital in Massachusetts. Gradual improvements in the financial outlook for the health care sector and historically low interest rates have prompted hospitals to issue more variable rate debt, a trend that...
- Sappi Southern Africa redeemed part of a R750 million South African bond. // African Business News;10/21/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Treasury to Offer $20B 91-Days, $20B 182-Days. // Bondbuyer.com;9/17/2015, p1
The Treasury Department said Thursday it will auction $20 billion 91-day bills and $20 billion 182-day discount bills Monday.