Municipals Log Sideways Session Ahead of Week's New-Issue Deals
- Gut check time for stock market. Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p21
Opinion. Focuses on the stock market in the United States. Speculation on the power of stock market analysts; Reference to the Asian economic crisis; Factor which contributed to the decline in the market During August 1998.
- So far, '94 market cast potent sting on stocks. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/25/94, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p15
Reports on the 1994 stock market performance of companies in Cleveland, Ohio for the first half of 1994. Decline in the S&P 500; Universal Electronics Inc.; LDI Corp.; Lamson & Sessions Co.; Telxon Corp.; Mr. Coffee Inc.; Opinion of stock analyst Dennis Amato.
- Wall Street's version of voodoo economics. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;05/12/97, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p8
Opinion. Comments on the consistency of wrong predictions by experts when analyzing activity on stock markets in the United States. Instances where such predictions occurred.
- In stocks, we all learned the hard way: Buy American. Snyder, David // Crain's Chicago Business;12/01/97, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p11
Opinion. Focuses on the performance of the United States stock market. Information on the Dow Jones Industrial Average; Performance of emerging-market funds that invested globally; Comments by Amy Arnott, editor of `Morningstar Mutual Funds.
- Med tech issues draw spotlight. Phillips-Fein, Kim // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p16
Discusses the performance of medical technology stocks in the United States for November 1997. Reference to the stock performance of Medicus Systems Corporation; Factors which attributed to the success of technology stocks.
- As stocks soar, investors ask: `Is 5,000 dow next. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 162, p1
Focuses on the growth trends of US stock market. Reasons for people's growing interest to invest in stocks; Opinion of the market-watchers on the future trends in the stock market.
- Investors cheer, warily, as stocks march forward. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;11/25/96, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the surging stock market on Wall Street and how investors will benefit from it in the United States. Plans made by investors; How many households invest in stocks; Who owns the most stock in the United States; Comments from key individuals.
- In zooming market, moderate course may be best. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;11/29/96, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p1
States that stock prices in the United States have recorded in high in November 1996. Performance of market indexes; Claims that the Dow Jones industrial average could reach 7000 during the first half of 1997; How investors feel about the stock prices; Remarks from Paul Collins, president of...
- Despite a one-two punch, the bottom line's a knockout. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;7/10/97, Vol. 89 Issue 157, pB1
Discusses the stock market in the United States as of July 10, 1997. The performance of equity mutual funds; Performance of the average diversified US stock fund in the second quarter of 1997; Growth in the Standard & Poor's 500 index; Comments from David Blitzer, chief economist at Standard &...