Mass. Brings $250 Million To Market
- Report: Massachusetts' Budget Deficit Could Climb to $2.1 Billion in 2003. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p3
Cites a report by an independent watchdog group, Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation on Massachusetts' economy released on January 16, 2002. Estimated budget deficit in 2003; Difficulties in managing the state's fiscal deficit in 2003; Reasons cited for a decrease in revenues.
- What's Behind the State's 'Big Shrink'. Friar, John // BusinessWest;7/18/2011, p12
In this article the author highlights two factors explains a significant portion of Massachusetts' stagnant economic growth.
- The Massachusetts debacle. Mysak, J. // American Spectator;Jan1990, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the downgrading of Massachusetts bonds due to the state's financial problems, and how long it took Wall Street to make the downgrade. History of financial problems; Conspiracy of silence among rating agencies; Role of politics; Future of Massachusetts economy.
- Colour sensitive. Baker, Ken // IPA Review;Summer91, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p24
Explains the correction on the 1991 reprinted issue in the American magazine, `Harper's' about Massachusetts budget crisis.
- Massachusetts is talking... Zeman, N. // Newsweek;12/18/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 25, p7
Reports that Massachusetts residents are talking about the state government's huge financial mess and ill-fated efforts to raise taxes to remedy the crisis.
- Looking for Cash Flow Amid Budget Battles. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p14A
Focuses on the economic condition of Massachusetts in the fiscal year 2002. Projected fiscal 2002 budget deficit; Incidents that forced the state to issue an interim budget; Plans of the state governor for an early economy recovery.
- Massachusetts: Now, a mutiny. Mathews, T.; Rosenberg, D. // Newsweek;9/17/1990, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p34
Lambastes Lt. Gov. Evelyn Murphy's attempts to cut state spending. Whacking five percent off of Gov. Dukakis' salary; Finance Secretary Edward Lashman's comments.
- Telecommunications & computers lighting the way. Goldberg, Eddy // BusinessWest;Jul94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p29
Discusses the development of the fiber optics industry in Springfield, Massachusetts as an economic growth opportunity. Significance of fiber optics in the United States' developing telecommunications superhighway infrastructure; History of Springfield; Thomas Pynchon's business and trade at the...
- Surviving the evolution of our regional economy. Glynn, Amy // BusinessWest;Dec94, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p15
Forecasts economic conditions in Massachusetts for 1995. Employment gains in Springfield Metropolitan Statistical Area; Status of the state's manufacturing industry; Steps for surviving economic changes.