Bush to Pick All-New SEC
- Senate Panel Unanimously Approves Four SEC Nominees. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p4
Reports the approval of four of U.S. president George W. Bush's nominees for the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate Banking Committee. Names of nominees; Job responsibility of each nominees; Support of the committee among committee members.
- A Man for This Season. Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Considers whether William Donaldson is the right man to be the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Chief reason the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush believes he is the right man for the job; Donaldson's achievements.
- SL attorney awaits confirmation of nomination to SEC. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p5
States that Norman S. Johnson a Salt Lake City, Utah attorney is awaiting approval of his nomination to serve as one of five commissioners of the Securities Exchange Commission in Washington, District of Colombia. Approval by the United States Senate; Length of term of commissioner; Information...
- PITT APPOINTED SEC CHAIR. // Internal Auditor;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the appointment of securities lawyer Harvey L. Pitt as chairman of the United States (U.S.) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on August 3, 2001. What Pitt told during his confirmation hearing at the U.S. Senate Banking Committee; Goals of Pitt; Annual salary he earned before...
- A TRIBUTE TO SEC CHAIRMAN ARTHUR LEVITT. Waxman, Robert N. // CPA Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p9
Pays tribute to United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt. His level of activism on behalf of the individual investor; Controversy over his auditor independence proposal; Desire to make information understandable and available.
- WRONG KIND OF FIGURES GRABBING WORKERS' EYES. Casale, Jeff; Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;2/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p23
The article focuses on a report published in the February 2010 issue of "Washington Times" which revealed the investigations conducted to several employees and contractors of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) during the past two years after they were seen watching pornography on...
- SEC Names Thomas Butler as Director of New Office of Credit Ratings. // Financial Fraud Law Report;Sep2012, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p765
The article announces that Thomas J. Butler was appointed as director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Office of Credit Rating.
- IN/OUT. // Securities Industry News;11/16/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p7
The article announces the appointment of Robert W. Cook as director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Trading and Markets.
- Despite Raises, SEC Salaries Lag Those at Other Regulators. POTKONJAK, MARIJA // American Banker;9/10/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 173, p4
Reports on the differences in the salaries of employees of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as compared with employees of other federal financial regulatory agencies despite 14.2% average pay increase for the fiscal year 2002. Comparison of the salaries of SEC officials with...