Rowland Panel: Questions & Answers
- Appeals Court Upholds Four Key EPA Rules Limiting GHGs. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;7/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p11
The article reports on a ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia in June 2012 which upheld U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules regarding the public health risks of greenhouse gases (GHGs) under the authority of the Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Carbon Tax Proposed in California. Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;2/11/2008, p1
The article reports the business enterprises in San Francisco, California could face the state's first tax on greenhouse gas emissions if a proposal by the region's air quality agency passes in May 2008. Refineries, power plants, landfill sites, laundrymats, and other businesses that are...
- Corporations planning ahead for mandatory carbon pricing. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Nov2014, Issue 477, p42
The article discusses a 2014 Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) report about the preparations being done by corporations with regard to future greenhouse gas emission pricing regulations. Topics explored include the publication of the said report prior to the United Nations (UN) Climate Summit in...
- SEEBY SEES GREEN. // NZ Business;May2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the launch by Seeby Woodhouse of Green Carbon Ltd. in New Zealand. The mission of Green Carbon Ltd. is to provide a pathway for business establishments in reducing their carbon footprint by offsetting their emission of greenhouse gases. Awards that Woodhouse received such...
- Development of a Web-Based Tool for Climate Change Risk Assessment in the Business Sector. Donghyun Kim; Junbeom Lee // Sustainability (2071-1050);Oct2016, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 2013 report claims that climate change from human-induced greenhouse gas emissions will cause increasing temperatures in many regions and various detrimental effects such as rising sea levels, ecosystem changes, droughts, and floods. This study...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Belarus Country Review;2011, p206
The article offers information on different international environmental concepts including the greenhouse effect, the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases and international policy development in regard to global warming.
- The new green game. // BRW;10/8/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p32
The article reports on the success of accounting firms in a low-carbon economy. These companies, including PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and KPMG, established climate change divisions which expanded through the years. It also mentions that detailed analyses of greenhouse gases for big businesses...
- We Need To Go Green. Tickell, Alison // Billboard;4/11/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 14, p4
The article focuses on the importance of protecting the environment in regard to the music trade. Particular attention is given to a study commissioned by Oxford University's Environmental Change Institute which examined the annual greenhouse gas emissions produced by the music industry in Great...
- You've got to be choking. // Ecologist;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Presents information on a report about the new source review (NSR) program of the Clean Air Act in the U.S. Changes proposed by the U.S. administration on the NSR program; Environmental impact of the proposal.