Something Borrowed for Something Blue: Legal Transplants and the Evolution of Global Environmental Law
- Australia abandons Kyoto Protocol. // Modern Power Systems;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Reports that the Australian government has stopped all work by the Australian Greenhouse Office on meeting its commitments under the Kyoto Protocol and its international emissions trading scheme. Government claims on the scheme's effectiveness in reducing greenhouse gas emissions by industry.
- Building Capacity for Emissions Trading: The ICAP Training Courses for Emerging Economies and Developing Countries. Hausotter, Tobias; Mehling, Michael // Carbon & Climate Law Review;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p408
The article discusses the emissions trading training courses and summer schools of the International Carbon Action Partnership (ICAP) for the developing countries and emerging economies The courses are designed to provide and assist in building expertise for the development and implementation of...
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Benin Country Review;2010, p131
The article lists the international associations and environmental agreements related to the protection of the environment which include the European Agreement Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR), the FAO International Code of Conduct on the Distribution and...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Latvia Country Review;2009, p110
The article provides information on global environmental conditions in 2009 including the depletion of timber reservation, industrial pollution and extreme weather conditions.
- Political mobilization, agenda building and international environmental policy. Kamieniecki, Sheldon // Journal of International Affairs;Winter91, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p339
Discusses the impact of political mobilization and agenda building on the creation of an international environmental policy. Growth of the environmental movement; Theory on political mobilization and agenda building; Citizen participation and group activity; Emergence of green parties; Profile...
- Environmental Issues. // San Marino Country Review;2001/2002, p53
Cites environmental issues in San Marino. Environmental jurisdiction and regulation; International environmental accords.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Niger Country Review;2009, p129
The article lists several international agreements, conventions and associations related to environmental protection.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Burma (Myanmar) Country Review;2010, p180
The article provides information on the international environmental agreements and associations, including agreements on atmosphere, hazardous substances, and nuclear safety.
- Administration's signing of Kyoto Protocol is a write-off of U.S. jobs. Donohue, Thomas J. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/15/99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p9
Opinion. Focuses on the United States government's position on the Kyoto Protocol, an international agreement to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Differences of the administration and Congress' position on the issue; Claims on the scope of the global warming problem; Plans of the government to...