Matson Panel: Questions & Answers
- As summer wanes, winter lurks, a few precious days of perfection. Brandon, Hembree // Delta Farm Press;9/28/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 38, p4
The article discusses weather in the southern U.S. in fall 2012, and argues that high rainfall has led to unusually beautiful conditions.
- As rains, frosts ushered in May, year past racked up heat records. Brandon, Hembree // Delta Farm Press;5/10/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p4
The author offers opinions on climatic conditions in the U.S., contrasting a report by theWorld Meteorological Organization on the hot weather conditions on Earth from 2001-2012 to cold and wet weather in the southern states in the spring of 2013.
- Invaders moving north to Southern pastures. // Nebraska Farmer;Mar2014, Vol. 156 Issue 3, pBP5
The article focuses on the invasion of smutgrass and tropical soda apple (TSA) weeds in Florida and other U.S. Gulf Coast states as of March 2014 and presents suggestions from weed scientist Brent Sellers for using the Velpar herbicide for smutgrass and the GrazonNext HL herbicide for TSA.
- Beyond Beijing: putting words into action Blaney, Carol // Environmental Health Perspectives;Mar1996, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p272
No abstract available.
- Environmental Issues. // Maldives Country Review;2009, p92
The article reports on several environmental issues faced by several citizens in Maldives.
- Global ecology. Zuk, Gary // National Forum;Winter90, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p2
Discusses the results of a survey on the environmental conditions in ten Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) member nations. Pollution of rivers and lakes; Air pollution; Damage to sea life and beaches by spillage or discharge from oil tankers; Disposal of industrial...
- The image under fire. Earl, Vicki // NZ Business;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p38
Presents information on an environmental report released by the New Zealand Ministry for Environment, which has suggested that New Zealanders are polluting their environment. Reference to the necessity of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001, an environmental standard...
- Siberia at the crossroads. Pearce, Fred // Popular Science;Aug94, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the environmental problems of Siberia resulting from Josef Stalin's utilization of the country's natural resources for military and industrial purposes. Siberian oil and gas industry's effect on the environment; Russian forestry's wasteful practices; Hydroelectric dams' contribution...
- Environmental Issues. // Kiribati Country Review;2009, p88
The article explores the environmental issues surrounding Kiribati which include scant natural resources in terms of both arable land and fresh water, anthropogenic climatic warming, and rise in sea level.