FROM THE EDITOR
- United Kingdom. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on a question included in a national test that was administered on June 22, 2009 in Great Britain regarding theories on the development of new species of plants and animals such as creationism and intelligent design.
- Evolution through kenosis. . Williams, David T. // Expository Times;May2010, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p390
Despite the evidence for evolution, it remains unproven, and has several unresolved issues, notably its relation to entropy and its possibility in the accepted timescale. Christians also continue to debate how it relates to the biblical account of creation. A solution is that as God has limited...
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN. Garvey, John // Commonweal;5/9/2003, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p9
Comments on several aspects of intelligent design. Limitations of the scientific method in studying the experience of prayer and meditation; Arguments for God's existence; Criticism on the belief regarding intelligent design and creationism.
- Fake ID: Pa. Lawsuit Should Expose Creationist Foray Into Public Schools. // Church & State;Oct2005, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p13
Focuses on the effect of the proposed intelligent design for public schools to public education nationwide. Assertion on the invasion of religion in science classrooms; Importance of keeping public schools free from sectarian control; Association of ID with an evolved form of creationism.
- Unintelligent Design: Interview with Mark Perakh. Branch, Glenn // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p15
An interview with physicist Mark Perakh is presented. When asked on how he started on the field of creationism, he describes how he became interested in "intelligent design" through the ideas of creationism. Perakh also shares the result of his investigations of creationism into its propositions...
- Whither "Intelligent Design" Creationism? Lerner, Lawrence S. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the historical and philosophical evolution of "intelligent design" creationism. It explores on various related concepts of creationism which have helped creationists to introduce the supernatural works into observable nature. It also talks about the biological concepts...
- How Not to Attack Intelligent Design Creationism: Philosophical Misconceptions About Methodological Naturalism. Boudry, Maarten; Blancke, Stefaan; Braeckman, Johan // Foundations of Science;Aug2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p227
In recent controversies about Intelligent Design Creationism (IDC), the principle of methodological naturalism (MN) has played an important role. In this paper, an often neglected distinction is made between two different conceptions of MN, each with its respective rationale and with a different...
- The Issues. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;11/5/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p3484
Presents the results of public opinion polls on marriage and the teaching of evolution, creationism and intelligent design conducted in the U.S. in 2005. Percentage of respondents who agree on the importance of a clear definition of marriage; Attitudes toward the possibility of believing in...
- editorial. DeLeuil, Leon // Teaching Science: The Journal of the Australian Science Teachers;Autumn2006, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on issues related to learning and science literacy. Criticism on homeopathy; Influence of creationism and intelligent design on science education; Views on worthwhile learning.