Dynamics of Digitally Surfaced Lenses
- "Make MyStyle,Your Style". Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;Nov2010, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p83
The article focuses on the Hoya iD MyStyle which is a technique for creating progressive ophthalmic lenses based on patient's style. It cites the elements to produce the final opthalmic lenses using the technique which include habitual eyewear data, prescription, and frame fitting details. It...
- New Vision Council Report Says Future of PALs, Free-form Looks Bright. Karp, Andrew // Vision Monday;5/14/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p26
The article provides information on the 2012 Progressive Lens White Paper Report by Vision Council, which revealed that sales of progressive addition lenses (PALs) are being driven by free-form technology. It mentions the reasons for rising PAL sales including satisfaction with the design,...
- DEEP SECRETS. Santini, Barry // 20/20;Nov2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p60
The article offers insights for eye care professionals (ECPs) on using corridor length to harmonize patient, prescription, lens design and frame choice. It discusses cardinal points common to every progressive lens, such as fitting point, major reference point (MRP), and progressive drop. Also...
- Changing perception. // Optometry Today;3/12/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p23
The article evaluates the Zeiss progressive lenses from Carl Zeiss Vision.
- Offer patients the best lens for optimal vision. Wilson, Carrie // Optometry Times;Sep2009, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p28
This article reports on the need for a professional optical dispensary to offer premium products to the patient and to employ eye-care professionals (ECPs) knowledgeable in the latest lens technologies. Spectacle lens materials available to today's patients include impact-resistant and...
- Shamir Launches In Touch Progressive Lens. Karp, Andrew // Vision Monday;9/24/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p36
The article offers information on Shamir In Touch progressive lens.
- SINGLE V ISION FREE-FORM OPPORTUNITY. Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;Nov2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p89
The article focuses on free-form digitally enhanced optimized single vision (SV) eyewear that use finished stock lenses or spherical semi-finished lens blanks which, according to the author, deliver a better design, mentions a comparison of up charge between optimized SV lenses and progressives.
- Lens Platforms. // Review of Optometry;Feb2010 Supplement, Vol. 147, p3
The article discusses the development of intraocular lens (IOL) in the U.S. It examines how IOLs have undergone a dramatic evolution in both design and functionality along with variety of materials and designs to increase biocompatibility as well as reduce complications. It explores the...
- Komiko & Mimito. // 20/20;Mar2010, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p110
The article previews ophthalmic firm Mercoframes' Komiko and Mimito eyeglasses.