THOSE PESKY WARRANTIES
- Las Vegas manufacturer of eyeglass lenses to open Salt Lake laboratory. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/5/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p7
Focuses on the eyeglass laboratory of Sunstar Optical in Salt Lake City, Utah to be opened in summer 2003. Reason behind the expansion of the business; Number of staff of the company.
- Colour in Photochromics. // Optometry Today;3/11/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p21
The article previews the Infinity Colours line of eyewear products from Waterside Laboratories.
- A BUNDLE OF JOY. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 40 Issue 20C, p20
The article provides tips and best practices on selling lenses for children's eyewear. It offers tips to increase sales including creating a children's eyewear package and having the frames and doing a package program at a discounted price. Tips for promoting antireflective (AR) or Transitions...
- Hot New Features and Styles Propel Rx Sunwear. Karp, Andrew // Vision Monday;9/8/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p31
The author looks at the trends in prescription eyewear in the U.S. in 2008. He highlights new features and styles of prescription eyewear. He notes that patients can choose from a wide range of frame and lens options. He reports that suppliers confirm prescription eyewear sales are on the rise,...
- EYEING the future. Nicola, Gloria // 20/20;Jul2009, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p54
The article presents the results of the Kid's Eyewear MarketPulse Survey 2009 which found a stale in sales due to the economic recessions. It indicates that only 35 percent reported an increase in total gross sales, while 56 percent reported sales remained unchanged compared to the 2008 reports....
- All EYES On the KIDS. Zabrycki, Vatrisha Holly // 20/20;Aug2015, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p76
Several charts related to the Kids' Eyewear MarketPulse Survey by the Jobson Optical Research is presented which reveals challenges of selling eyeglasses to children, retail prices of frames of eyeglass, and changes in the refractive index as a reason for changing the eyeglass.
- New Lenses, Old Frames. Cook, Palmer R. // 20/20;May2008, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p86
The article discusses tips on how to explain to a patient about the disadvantage of using an old eyeglass frame for new lenses. According to the author, a doctor must act as an ombudsman if there is a difference of opinion between the patient and the technician over using an old frame. Another...
- YOU SHOULD BE SELLING OUR EYEWEAR. // 20/20;
The article offers several suggestions for eyecare professionals and eyewear vendors. It provides selling tips including having appropriate knowledge, providing personalized service and guidance to the customers and highlighting the products' features. It also mentions the trends in the optical...
- Independents Sell Over Half of Eyeglass Frame Units in Highest Price Range. // Vision Monday;6/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p72
The article reports on the sales of eyeglass frame units by independents for 12 months ended March 2007. Independents are credited for 56 percent of eyeglass frame sales in the highest price range of $150+ and 48 percent in the middle price range of $100 to $149. Graphs showing the sales of...