German millet tops for North Carolina doves
- How To Have More DOVES. Phillips, John // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Summer2003, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p78
Offers tips to attracting and holding more doves for hunting opportunities. Advantage of burning a millet field; Advice on establishing a dove feeding program.
- Proso millet (Panicum miliaceum) tolerance to several postemergence herbicides Lyon, Drew J.; Baltensperger, David D. // Weed Technology;Jan/Mar1993, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p230
No abstract available.
- Doves: Difficult but delicious. Clarke, Eileen // Field & Stream;Aug98, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p56
Presents information on how to prepare doves for a meal. Why doves are considered difficult to catch; Information on the doves quality of meat; Details on the braising method of preparing dove meat. INSETS: Tools you'll need;To braise any bird;10 minute doves.
- TPWD seeks dove leases. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/20/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p8
The article discusses the financial opportunity for landowners in leasing the hunting rights for dove to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD).
- Tolerance of Foxtail Millet to Combinations of Bromoxynil, Clopyralid, Fluroxypyr, and MCPA. May, William E.; Johnson, Eric N.; Ulrich, Dan J.; Holzapfel, Christopher B.; Lafond, Guy P. // Weed Technology;Jan-Mar2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p94
When solid stands of foxtail millet are cut for swath grazing, the grazing season for cattle is extended and winter feeding costs reduced. The economic success of this practice depends on inexpensive weed control. Eight single- and double-rate herbicide combinations (g ai/ha) were evaluated and...
- Impact of Transgene Inheritance on the Mitigation of Gene Flow Between Crops and Their Wild Relatives: The Example of Foxtail Millet. Yunsu Shi; TianYu Wang; Yu Li; Darmency, Henri // Genetics;Oct2008, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p969
Developing genetically modified crop plants that are biologically contained could reduce significantly the potential spread of transgenes to conventional and organic crop plants and to wild or weedy relatives. Among several strategies, the hereditary mode of transmission of transgenes, whether...
- David Row at John Good. Kalina, Richard // Art in America;May94, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p111
Reviews the paintings of David Row at the John Good gallery in New York City.
- Proso Millet Tolerance to Saflufenacil. Lyon, Drew J.; Kniss, Andrew R. // Weed Technology;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p349
Proso millet is an important short-season summer cereal in western Nebraska, southeast Wyoming, and eastern Colorado. The objective of this study was to evaluate proso millet tolerance to saflufenacil applied early preplant (EPP) or PRE. Field studies were conducted in Lingle, WY and Sidney, NE...
- Mighty millet. Straus, Karen Cope // Vegetarian Times;Feb97, Issue 234, p94
Focuses on the use of millet in cooking. Description of millet; Various uses for millet; Hints on preparing millet; Recipe which includes millet.