It's Not Good
- Salary Increase Highest for JCC Entry-Level Workers. A. F. // Fitness Business Pro;Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the survey concerning the average salary increase for Jewish Community Center (JCC) employees in New York. According to the first salary survey of JCC since 2003, the average pay increases for the employees exceeded the rate of inflation. The chief financial officers from...
- COMPANY TRAINING SCHEMES: A GUIDE FOR EMPLOYERS. // Financial Management (14719185);Jul/Aug2006, Special section p2
The article discusses the concept under the company training schemes, a guide for the employees. The financial support benefit will cover the courses students attend at college and examination fees. Trainees were also provided with study leave and financial support by Chartered Institute of...
- US wakes up to `power sharing' Maclachlan, Rob // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p15
States that top American companies are beginning to take empowerment of `power sharing' seriously. Companies that are testifying to the value of empowerment; Power sharing at Motorola and AT&T's Consumer Communications Services unit; How companies with high use of power-sharing programs...
- Time to stand Maslow's hierarchy on its head? Wooldridge, Ewart // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p17
Opinion. Argues that individuals need some radical thinking if they were to bridge the widening gap between the rhetoric of empowerment and the increasingly uncertain and fruitless reality of work. Interpretation of Abraham Maslow's theories; Impact of the organisational shake-outs of the past...
- Take me to your (personnel) leader. Fonda, Nickie; Rowland, Hilary // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p18
Explains the advantages that empowerment can bring. Reasons why empowerment is still a concept more talked about than practise; Example of empowerment; Suggestions for an empowered personnel function. INSET: How empowered is your personnel function?..
- Improving employee empowerment. Hildula, Leslie // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p70
Discusses employee empowerment and what this entails. Why communication must be improved; Benefits to company and employee; Principles of employee empowerment; Five suggestions to influence interpersonal communication skills improvement.
- Create safe learning environment for employees to explore winning solutions. Jones, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/06/98, Issue 322286, p10
Presents a four-step process to helping dysfunctional employees solve their own problems. Need for employers to create a safe learning environment where employees can explore possible solutions without fear of recrimination; Identification of the cause of problem; Selection of possible...
- Turning up the heat. Willard, Marsha // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p82
Presents a guide to encouraging managers to empower employees. Resisting change; Providing information; Providing training; Modeling; Two peer support strategies; Informal feedback; Involvement; Executive feedback; Formal measurement and rewards; Reassignment.
- The key to being a leader company: Empowerment. Khan, Sharafat // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p44
Examines the effects of changes in the work place and the importance of employee empowerment. Benefits of enpowerment to companies; Traits which characterize a leader company; Definition of empowerment; How managers view enpowerment; Identification of risks involved.