Complete remission of IgA nephropathy after bone marrow transplantation for acute myeloid leukaemia
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation improves the outcome of de novo AML with trilineage dysplasia (AML-TLD). Taguchi, J; Miyazaki, Y; Yoshida, S; Fukushima, T; Moriuchi, Y; Jinnai, I; Matsuo, T; Kuriyama, K; Tomonaga, M // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1861
De novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with dysplastic features in erythroblasts, granulocytes and megakaryocytes, similar to those in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) has been described as AML with trilineage dysplasia (AML-TLD) since 1987. Several reports have suggested that AML-TLD is a subtype...
- Uncertainties in the standard care of acute myelogenous leukemia. Rowe, J M // Leukemia (08876924);Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p677
Focuses on uncertainties in the standard therapy of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). Standard for induction therapy in AML; Characteristics of secondary leukemias; Attempts made to determine the role of bone marrow transplantation as consolidation therapy for AML patients in first remission.
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for childhood leukemia following a busulfan and melphalan preparative regimen. Matsuyama, T.; Kojima, S.; Kato, K. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/1/98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p21
Thirty children with leukemia underwent allogeneic bone marrow transplantation (BMT) following a radiation-free preparative regimen, from July 1988 to January 1996. Twelve males and 18 females, ages 9 months to 15 years (median 8.5 years), received busulfan (BU, 4 mg/kg/day for 4 days by mouth),...
- Acute GVHD involving the gastrointestinal tract and infestation with Blastocystis hominis in a patient with chronic myeloid leukaemia following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Ghosh, K; Ayyaril, M; Nirmala, V // Bone Marrow Transplantation;12/1/98, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1115
A 21-year-old female underwent allogeneic bone marrow transplantation (ABMT) from her HLA matched brother for chronic myeloid leukaemia in the chronic phase. Four weeks post transplant she developed tenesmus, mucoid stool mixed with blood and lower abdominal pain. This rapidly progressed to...
- G-CSF treatment in acute leukemia. Savaşan, S; Abella, E; Akhtar, A J; Ravindranath, Y // Leukemia (08876924);Dec97, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p2210
Discusses the significance of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in the induction of remission in relapsed patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplasia following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Application of myeloid growth factors in the treatment of AML; Recurrent...
- Idarubicin improves blast cell clearance during induction therapy in children with AML: results of study AML-BFM 93. Creutzig, U; Ritter, J; Zimmermann, M; Hermann, J; Gadner, H; Sawatzki, D Blütters; Niemeyer, C M; Schwabe, D; Selle, B; Boos, J; Kühl, J; Feldges, A // Leukemia (08876924);Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p348
In the randomized trial AML-BFM 93 we compared 60 mg/m[SUP2]/day daunorubicin with 12 mg/m[SUP2]/day idarubicin for 3 days each, combined with cytarabine and etoposide during induction. Results showed a significant better blast cell reduction in the bone marrow on day 15 in patients of the...
- "A STRANGER SAVED MY LIFE". // Dolly;Feb2014, Issue 518, p82
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how an anonymous bone marrow donor helped her in surviving acute myeloid leukaemia (AML).
- Treatment of Acute Myelogenous Leukemia . Champlin, Richard E.; Ho, Winston G.; Gale, Robert Peter; Winston, Drew; Selch, Michael; Mitsuyasu, Ronald; Lenarsky, Carl; Elashoff, Robert; Zighelboim, Jacob; Feig, Stephen A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar85, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p285
Deals with a study which assessed the relative effectiveness of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation and postremission chemotherapy for adult patients with acute myelogenous leukemia in first complete remission. Methods used in the study; Results and discussion.
- Three AML patients with existing or pre-existing intracerebral granulocytic sarcomas who were successfully treated with allogeneic bone marrow transplantations. Takada, S; Ito, K; Sakura, T; Hatsumi, N; Sato, M; Saito, T; Shiozaki, H; Matsushima, T; Miyawaki, S // Bone Marrow Transplantation;4/1/99, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p731
We report three acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) patients who developed intracerebral granulocytic sarcomas (GS) and were successfully treated with allogeneic BMT (allo-BMT). The diagnosis of one patient was AML M2 with myelofibrosis, and the other two patients were AML M4 with eosinophilia (AML...