ROAMING THE RIVER
- Big Apple Voyage. Walters, Jennifer Marino // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/7/2009, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p6
This article features the 400th anniversary of the voyage of explorer Henry Hudson to New York.
- RIVERFEST: A QUEST FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/1/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 22, pA3
The article offers information on the recognition of Henry Hudson for his 400th anniversary historic voyage at the Hudson River in New York. It states that the program highlights the natural, cultural and historical significance of the Hudson River. The government of the Westchester County and...
- River Day brings heritage ships to Kingston docks. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/8/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p11
The article provides information on River Day in Kingston, New York on June 10, 2009. It notes that a number of heritage ships are expected to arrive at the city during the day, including a 17th-century Dutch schooner called the Onrust, Clearwater and the John J. Harvey Fireboat, to celebrate...
- Steinhaus convenes workgroup for 2009 Quadricentennial. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/28/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that Dutchess County Executive William R. Steinhaus has met with the workgroup to talk about the plans for the Dutchess County's role in the 400th Anniversary of Henry Hudson's voyage up the Hudson River, also known as the Hudson-Fulton Champlain Quadricentennial to be held...
- Find It! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/5/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p2
A quiz about finding and underlining sentences from a cited article about Henry Hudson's voyage is presented.
- Accidental Explorer. Miller, Jerry // Cobblestone;Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p4
The article provides information on the 1609 voyage of English explorer Henry Hudson that led to the discovery of the Hudson River and the Dutch settlement of New Netherland in the New World.
- Hudson's Fall. Butts, Ed // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Details the last voyage of the ship Discovery under Captain Henry Hudson. Expertise of Hudson; Description of the ship's crew; Inconsistency of the management style of Hudson.
- Hudson's Quest. Miller, Jerry // Cobblestone;Sep2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p28
The article discusses the expeditions of English seafarer Henry Hudson, including a four-year search for a shorter and more northern trade route to Asia, his discovery of New York Harbor, and his death.
- Images sought to commemorate the history, architecture and culture of Albany. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/12/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the development of a commemorative calendar by the Downtown Albany Business Improvement District (BID) for 2009 in New York. It cites that the calendar will commemorate the 400th anniversary of the historic voyage and landing of Henry Hudson in Albany. According to the...