Painting the Past
- Beacon Beware. Sartorius, Tara Cady // Arts & Activities;Dec99, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the `Light at Two Lights,' watercolor painting of a lighthouse by Edward Hopper which could be used as a tool for art lesson. Analysis of the painting; Museums that owned Hooper's artworks; Postage stamp which featured his work.
- Portland Head Lighthouse. // Magazine Antiques;May/Jun2014, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p19
An image of the painting "Portland Head Lighthouse," by Andrew George Winter is presented.
- "Tranquil Journey on the Yangtze.". Kwock, Karen C. // Permanente Journal;2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p69
An image of an acrylic painting of the Yangtze River is presented.
- Suiface TensÃon. // Still Point Arts Quarterly;Summer2013, Issue 10, p31
The article offers the author's insights on his own abstract paintings which were modeled from real subject matter such as "Avalanche," "Plates in the River," and "Compacted."
- The Stour River Valley is a Work of Art. Paschke, Jean // British Heritage;Jan2008, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the tradition of landscape painting in England. By 18th century the trend had almost died down but with the coming of the industrial revolution people felt the need to revive the tradition. The industrial revolution brought with it smoke and factories that destroyed the...
- THE GENTLE RIVER. Han, Joy; Michael, Pamela // River of Words: Young Poets & Artists on the Nature of Things;2008, p170
An image of a painting entitled "The Gentle River," by twelve-year-old Joy Han is, presented.
- Cutthroat Shallows. // Southwest Art;Nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p39
An image of the oil painting "Cutthroat Shallows," by Michael Charron is presented.
- Spring Reflection. Huseman, Frank // Onion River Review;2012, p90
A photograph titled "Spring Collection," by Frank Huseman is presented.
- "Eagle Cascades". // Southwest Art;Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p33
An image of the watercolor painting "Eagle Cascades," by Dan Petersen is presented.