Charting His Own Course
- Henry Hudson...: An English explorer. // Monkeyshines on America;Feb2002 New Jersey Issue, p9
Between 1609 and 1611, an English explorer Henry Hudson discovered the Hudson River, Hudson Bay, and Hudson Straight. Henry Hudson explored many of New Jersey's waterways. In his four voyages Hudson sailed further north than any other explorer of his time. The sailors who survived the winter...
- Discovering the valley. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/5/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p30
The article offers information on the Quadricentennial programming event "A Day of Discovery," on October 11, 2009 in New York. It states that Henry Hudson, portrayed by Don Thompson, will open the event as he reviews the challenges of the 1609 voyage on the Half Moon. Evan Pritchard, author and...
- Accidental Explorer. Miller, Jerry // Cobblestone;Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p4
The article provides information on the 1609 voyage of English explorer Henry Hudson that led to the discovery of the Hudson River and the Dutch settlement of New Netherland in the New World.
- Historic Journey. Smith, Natalie // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/28/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p4
The article recounts the exploration of British Henry Hudson during the 1600s. Sailing with the ship half Moon, he and his crew traveled across the Atlantic Ocean from Europe and arrived at the mouth of a broad river. He failed to find the passage he was looking for but the waterway he...
- EARLY EXPLORATION. // World Almanac for Kids;2004, p86
The article offers a time-line about explorers and exploration between 1000 and 1859 AD. Around 1000, Leif Ericson, from Iceland, explored 'Vinland,' which may have been the coasts of northeast Canada and New England. Between 1271 and 1295, Marco Polo (Italian) traveled through Central Asia,...
- What a Waterway! Smith, Natalie // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/5/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p2
The article offers information about explorer Henry Hudson of England and how he discovered the Hudson River of the U.S.
- Dutch Adventures in the New World. Stern, Fred // World & I;Nov2009, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p4
The article focuses on the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson's historic voyage from the Netherlands up to the Hudson River.
- NEWS IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/28/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p8
A quiz on the story about Henry Hudson within the journal is presented.
- In Hudson's wake. FICK, STEVEN; HUNTER, DOUGLAS // Canadian Geographic;Apr2010, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p30
The article describes Henry Hudson's exploration of Canada's eastern arctic leading to the discovery of the Hudson Bay.