HFMA members testify at NCVHS meeting
- HFMA in action.... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep94, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p8
Reports on developments in the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). HFMA's efforts to urge the House Government Operations Committee to accept Rep. Craign Thomas' administrative simplification amendment for the healthcare reform package; Letter sent to House Majority Leader...
- HFMA briefs Congressional staff members. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul95, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the Healthcare Financial Management Association's (HFMA) issues briefing of key Congressional representatives on May 11, 1995 in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. Inclusion of Medicare, administrative simplification, fraud and abuse and tax issues in the briefing; Stress on the group's...
- Superfund reform unlikely in '98: Lott. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;02/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p10
Reports that according to United States Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, the Senate is not likely to pass Superfund reform legislation in 1998. How Lott feels about a $368.5 billion global settlement between cigarette makers and state attorneys; When the senator would like to see Superfund...
- Ruling keeps insurer on hook. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;03/30/98, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the federal court ruling relating to third-party bad faith claims made by insurers through their policyholder's bankruptcy proceedings. Details on the ruling made relating to bad faith claims filed by a group of creditors against Travelers Indemnity Company; Indepth look at...
- Proposal well-received. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;09/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p1
Presents information on the proposed Interstate Compact Uniform Receivership Law in terms of insurance in the United States. What the law is design to do; Aim of the proposal; Details on the proposal; Information on the National Conference of Insurance Legislators being a key supporter of the law.
- A cool reception for medical savings accounts. Daks, Martin C. // Business News New Jersey;01/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the signing of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, 1996 by United States president, Bill Clinton. When the act was signed; Who benefited most from the act; Reference to a study conducted by the Kwasha Lipton Group; Comments from Howard Tarre, a senior consultant...
- Medical savings accounts offer tax savings. // Orange County Business Journal;1/20/97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pB-12
Focuses on the Kennedy-Kassebaum Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act which was passed by the United States Congress in 1996. Reasons for the implementation of the act; Details on the act; Benefits of the act; Reasons for controversy over certain provisions of the act.
- Kennedy-Kassebaum vs. California: How we stack up. // Orange County Business Journal;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p30
Looks at how health care institutions in California responded to the mandates of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Outline of the mandates.
- Another boost in social security taxes. Block, Julian // Central New Jersey Business;1/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p21
Reports on a possible rise in Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for 1995. Increase in the maximum amount of earnings on which the FICA taxes are assessed; FICA tax rate for 1995; Impact on high-income earners.