Labor of love
- Knocked up in Hollywood. Hoffa, Meredith // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p86
The author reflects on the importance of learning some tips about pregnancy from Hollywood actresses. She cites the perfect picture scenarios of Hollywood pregnant women who are tanned, toned, fit as fiddle and ultra-adorable in bump-hugging little dresses, however, she points out that they also...
- Type 1 diabetes and pregnancy. Taylor, Roy; Davison, John M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/7/2007, Vol. 334 Issue 7596, p742
The article reports on methods, including insulin management, which can be used for managing the pregnancies of type 1 diabetic women. A discussion of problems which diabetes can lead to in pregnancy, including increased risk of severe hypoglycemia and pre-existing retinopathy and congenital...
- Why Do Women Not Use Antenatal Services in Low- and Middle-Income Countries? A Meta-Synthesis of Qualitative Studies. Finlayson, Kenneth; Downe, Soo // PLoS Medicine;Jan2013, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
Background: Almost 50% of women in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) don't receive adequate antenatal care. Women's views can offer important insights into this problem. Qualitative studies exploring inadequate use of antenatal services have been undertaken in a range of countries, but...
- The purist's pregnancy. Gavigan, Christopher // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p124
The article provides guidelines in having a healthy pregnancy. It stresses the importance of making smart decisions on what to eat, drink, inhale and absorb since the baby depends on mothers for nourishment and safety. It suggests the need to drink plenty of water, eat organic foods, as well as...
- What, ME worry? Schlosberg, Suzanne // Fit Pregnancy;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p114
A quiz about common pregnancy worries and health issues is presented.
- Hello Doctor, I am preqnant. Miller, Doriane C. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;7/20/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p8
The article presents the author's insights regarding the safety measures that a couple must bear when expecting a baby such as setting up for a doctor's appointment for prenatal care, and regular check up with an obstetrician to conduct test for the health of the mother and the baby.
- test your PREGNANCY SMARTS. Lucia, Carole Anderson // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p80
A quiz concerning the truths and facts about pregnancy is presented.
- PAINFUL DISCOVERY? Springen, Karen // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);8/25/2003-9/1/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 8/9, p84
Reports on the results of a study in the British Medical Journal that concludes that pregnant women should avoid using aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Details of the study; Effects of such drugs as acetaminophen; Significance of these findings.
- Just the facts. // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p158
The article presents essential exercise and nutritional information for pregnant women. It provides prenatal exercise guidelines and the top five pregnancy nutrients. Without contraindications, pregnant women are encouraged to engage in moderate exercise on most days. Pregnancy nutrients include...