The great equalizer
- Ricki Lake's TALE OF TWO BIRTHS. Carofano, Jennifer // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p56
An interview with former television host Ricki Lake in the U.S. is presented. She reveals why she and Abby Epstein decided to write the book entitled "Your Best Birth: Know Your Options, Discover the Natural Choice, and Take Back the Birth Experience," which focused on methods of giving birth....
- Ricki talks. Pearlman, Cindy // Scholastic Choices;Jan95, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the views of talk show host Ricki Lake on weight reduction. Loss of 115 pounds in four years; Dietary change and exercise program.
- The great Lake. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;11/21/94, Vol. 4 Issue 45, p30
Focuses on the popularity of talk show host Ricki Lake. Mass media coverage; Comparison with talk show host Oprah Winfrey; Lake's characteristics audiences love in her.
- Lake arrested in protest. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/21/94, Vol. 124 Issue 47, p32
Reports that syndicated talk show host Ricki Lake was arrested by police and held overnight in jail for participating in an anti-fur apparel demonstration. Charges of misdemeanor offenses.
- pregnant from head to toe. Hennen, Leah // Baby Talk;Sep2002, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p34
Presents information on the health of pregnant women. Skin problems; Impact of pregnancy hormones on oil production and follicle structure of hair; Effect of pregnancy on the immune system.
- New role for midwives promoting dental health. George, Ajesh; Johnson, Maree; Ellis, Sharon; Dahlen, Hannah; Blinkhorn, Anthony; Bhole, Sameer; Ajwani, Shilpi // Australian Nursing Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p37
The article discusses an oral health program being run by nurse midwives in New South Wales in an effort to promote maternal dental health.
- The big Slodown. ROAN, SHARI // Fit Pregnancy;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p26
The article informs that pregnant women need more energy as basal metabolism increases and so they should eat extra calories.
- STYLISH MAMA! // Shape;Mar2011, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p105
The article explains why pregnant women should exercise and presents a photograph of a model wearing clothes from apparel maker Reebok that, it is said, will help a pregnant woman get motivated to exercise.
- Editorial. Miller, Laura J.; Seeman, Mary V. // Current Women's Health Reviews;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various papers published within the issue including Sarah Romans' paper on sexuality in women with schizophrenia, Simone Vigod and Lori Ross' article on the epidemiology of psychotic symptoms during pregnancy and postpartum in women with schizophrenia, and Laura Miller's...