Motorola Links to Satellites
- Lockheed Ends Satellite Venture. // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p22
Reports on the decision of Astrolink International LLC, a joint venture backed by Lockheed Martin Corp., to cease making satellites, as of November 2001. Other companies involved in the venture; Plans for its project intended to provide satellite-delivered Internet services.
- BUILDING a market for new technology. Hayes, Duffy // CED;Nov2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p8
Previews the technologies to be featured at the 2001 Western Show of the Western United States cable industry. Show's focus on technology that enhances the competitive nature of the broadband industry; Cisco Systems Inc.'s plan to demonstrate its Voice over IP and open access technologies at...
- MOTOROLA HOPES TO INITIATE RESURGENCE OF FIXED WIRELESS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;10/14/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p20
Reports the introduction of broadband wireless products in the market by Motorola. Factors mediating the delay of deployment plans for fixed wireless systems; Production of products in the unlicensed national information infrastructure spectrum; Emphasis on point-to-point technologies.
- CONNECTSOUTH TO USE VIASOURCE FOR DSL DEPLOYMENT. // Tele-Service News;Feb2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Reports that ViaSource Communications Inc. has been selected by ConnectSouth company to provide technical and field support for broadband technology deployment.
- Broadband Overview. // Congressional Digest;Mar2002, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p69
Focuses on the background of the broadband or the high-speed Internet access over traditional telephone lines in the United States. Increase on the installation of telecommunication companies; Development on the services of the broadband access; Ability to receive and transmit data in high speed.
- LineSoft sets its sights on broadband industry. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);11/22/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 24, pA3
Reports the LineSoft Corp. discovery of the revenue potential in the broadband industry in the United States. Benefits of broadband-communications companies on the purchase of LineSoft software; Contracts with broadband companies; Plan to handle growth in the broadband-communications market.
- Liberty Eyes Astrolink Assets. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p23
Reports the intent of Liberty Satellite & Technology Inc. to sign with partners in AstroLink International LLC in the U.S. Conditions for the acquisition of the assets of AstroLink by Liberty; Plans to restructure Astrolink company; Aims to provide Internet access through satellite.
- Internet comes via satellite. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/3/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 44, p19
Announces the opening of the Dubai, United Arab Emirates headquarters of Astrolink, an American firm which will offer ultra-high-speed Internet access through a constellation of satellites. Areas that will be served by the Oman office; Implications for the telecommunication firms across the region.
- The Envelope, Please ßª: Readers Pick Favorite Expo Products for 2005. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p30
This article presents information on five new telecommunication products launched in the Cable-Tec Expo 2005 held in San Antonio, Texas. Scientific-Atlanta Inc.'s MCP-100 Media Center builds on the company's Explorer 8300 digital video recorder platform and adds a built-in DVD burner. Motorola...