Managing Multiple Messages
- Automation developments. // Transmission & Distribution World;Apr98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p18
Presents developments in the telecommunication systems in the United States as of April 1998. Includes release of LODESTAR Profile and Settlement System by Utility Marketing Services; Deployment of SmartZone OmniLink by Motorola's Land Mobilr Products; Conectiv Energy's collaboration with...
- Telecom shifts gear. Thondhlana, Barnabas // African Business;Jul/Aug97, Issue 223, p34
Reports about the improvements of Zimbabwe's telecommunications system. Includes strategies of Zimbabwe's Posts and Telecommunications Corporation; Entrance into the mobile cellular telephony; Joint venture with the United States firm Telecel; Relevance of the digitalization program.
- Filter center. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/5/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 14, p114
Presents news briefs concerning electric and communication systems. Investigations by the United States Federal Communication Commission on whether to allow the operation of unlicensed ultra-wideband (UWD) radio systems; Plans of Magellan to offer software upgrades to Ashtech G12 and GG24...
- FYI. Chambers, Don // EDN;04/23/98, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p34
Reflects on the article `Tiny connectors squeeze into handheld wireless devices,' by Bill Travis, in the 1998 issue of EDN. Information on devices made by Sumitomo; Views of the author.
- Power supply research ensures telecom's reliability. Masi, C.G. // R&D Magazine;June97, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p48
Looks at the power supplied to telecommunication systems, and the importance of a consistent power supply being maintained. How wireless communication systems are set-up; Different power requirements of different systems; Configuration of wireless telecommunication systems. INSET: Specifying...
- When will PCS become a reality? Fassett, Anne M. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug95, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p23
No abstract available.
- New products. // Telephony;3/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p115
Lists products related to telephony systems. Includes 51200 dial-up test system; FLX remote site monitor; Super power HMD series antenna; 1310 and 1625m wavelength division multiplexers; Specifications of the products.
- TPS announces two new power bays. // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, pPTN4
Introduces the 2000-ampere power bay and power distribution bay manufactured by Telecommunications Power Systems. Interesting features; Design specification; Potential applications.
- The price must be right. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;02/02/98, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on telecommunication companies' profitability resulting from digital subscriber line (DSL) systems deployment. Conduction of a study by Fujitsu Network Communications and Orckit Communications on monthly service pricing and cost of subscriber equipment with the initial deployments of...
- The backup plan (plan B?). Kinley, Harold // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep98, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p48
Focuses on the importance of backup systems for communication systems. Percentage by which a communication system can achieve optimum functioning; Overview on the evolution of electronic systems in conjunction with their increasing sophistication; Information about the typical backup system.