Merger Gets Final Green Light
- Sen. Hollings Aims at Germany, Hits United States. Griswold, Daniel T. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/06/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p34
Focuses on Senator Fritz Hollings' opposition to Deutsche Telecom's proposed acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Inc. Effects of Hollings' opposition on interest of foreign investors in the United States; Arguments of Hollings.
- Face-off In Washington. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the opposition of United States Senator Ernest Hollings to the merger of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream. Remarks from VoiceStream Chief Executive John Stanton; Law allegedly violated by Telekom's merger with VoiceStream, according to Hollings; Likely result of VoiceStream's...
- Hollings takes different tack after FCC OKs VoiceStream-DT. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p3
States that United States Senator Ernest Hollings (D-S.C.) plans to introduce a bill that will prevent the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from approving mergers. Information on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom AG which was opposed by the...
- Hollings Bill On The Edge. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p1
Discusses the amendment proposed by United States (U.S.) Senator Ernest Hollings seeking to bar the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom. Impact of the amendment on U.S. carriers; Contentions of Hollings on the amendment; Criticisms against the amendment; Claims of the...
- DT, VoiceStream prepare lobby against Hollings' legislation. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p36
Reports on the efforts of Deutsche Telekom AG to fight a bill sponsored by Senator Ernest Hollings concerning acquisition of United States telecommunication companies by foreign telecom carriers, in light of the company's intention to buy VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- Deutsche Telekom makes U.S. move. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the agreement of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to pay for VoiceStream Wireless company in the United States. Expectation of analysts on the acquisition deal; Comments by DT Chairman Ron Sommer on the deal; Speculation about DT.
- Opportunity found. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the proposal of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to fund the expansion of VoiceStream Wireless company. Why VoiceStream wireless accepted the offer of DT; Benefits of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless and DT; Statement on the interest of DT in VoiceStream issued by Andrew Cole, senior vice...
- GAO finds security oversight lax. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p1
Cites a report of the United States General Accounting Office on the investigation of the purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Stanton, Sommer speak to integration issues. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the views of Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association chairman Jon Stanton on the merger between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom AG. Expected approval from the Federal Communications Commission; Insight on the merger by Deutsche Telekom chief executive Ron...