BT Sells Japanese Stake To Vodafone
- Vodafone challenges NTT DoCoMo in home market. Mori, Yoko // Global Wireless;May/Jun2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the plans of Vodafone Group PLC to acquire the stake of British Telecommunications PLC in the company Japan Telecom Group as of June 2001. Value of the acquisition; Percentage of the stake held by Vodafone Group after the acquisition; Allegations on the purpose of Vodafone Group in...
- BT raises stake in Spanish mobile telecom market. Kalin, Sari; Taaffe, Joanne // InfoWorld;03/24/97, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p44D
Reports on British Telecommunications' increase in its stake in Airtel, the Spanish Global Systems for Mobile Telecommunications (GSM) mobile telecommunications operator and takeover of BT Telecomunicaciones to create a wholly-owned subsidiary. Terms of the agreement; Benefits of the deal for BT.
- Vodafone to increase stake in Spanish carrier. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p72
Reports the plans of Vodafone Group PLC to acquire an additional stock in Airtel Movil in Spain. Consideration for the stock acquisition; Agreement of Vodafone with British Telecommunications PLC.
- Viva Espana! Vodafone Pans Spanish Gold. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;01/08/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p18
Provides information on the move of Vodafone to purchase a majority of stocks at Airtel Movil SA. Comments from Vodafone Group PLC chief executive, Chris Gent; Brief information on Airtel.
- Vodafone ups Airtel stake. // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the percentage of stocks acquired by Vodafone Group plc in Airtel Movil SA.
- Vodafone increases its stake in Japan Telecom as planned. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p5
Reports on the purchase of stock shares of Japan Telecom by Vodafone Group PLC. Remarks from Chris Gent, president of Vodafone Group; Effect of Vodafone's purchase on Japan Telecom's management.
- Vodafone in talks to sell Japan Telecom. // RCR Wireless News;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the negotiation entered by telecommunication company Vodafone Group plc for the possible sale of Japan Telecom, its acquired mobile phone company. Amount offered by Vodafone for each share in its Swedish subsidiary Europolitan.
- Vodafone takes majority stake in Japan Telecom. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p28
Reports on the decision of Vodafone Group PLC to increase the company's stake in Japanese telecommunication company Japan Telecom Co. Terms of the deal; Control of Japan Telecom's J-Phone wireless division; Number of customers of J-Phone.
- BT reported to eye stake in Japan Telecom. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p34
Reports on British Telecommunications PLC's plan to increase its stake in Japan Telecom Co. Ltd.