White House Names FCC Hopefuls
- Adelstein takes a step. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 29, p14
Reports the nomination of Jonathan Adelstein for the position of Federal Communications Commission commissioner in the U.S. Career history of Adelstein; Result of the political disputes; Need for Senate confirmation.
- Bush naming names in D.C. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;04/09/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 29, p1
Reports on United States President George W. Bush's nominations for key seats at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Nomination of Kathleen Abernathy, Kevin Martin, and Michael Copps to serve as FCC commissioners; Background on the three nominees; Republican commissioner Harold...
- Senate shift could benefit Adelstein. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p1A
Reports on the impact of a Republican takeover of the Senate after the November 2002 mid-term elections to the U.S. Congress on the nomination of Jonathan Adelstein for a Democratic vacancy at the Federal Communications Commission. Reasons for the stalling of Aldestine's nomination prior to the...
- SENATE COMMITTEE GIVES NOD TO ADELSTEIN'S FCC NOMINATION. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;7/22/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 3, p16
Reports the approval of the U.S. Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee on the appointment of Jonathan Adelstein as commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission in 2002. Basis for his nomination; Areas of concern of Adelstein; Outlook of Adelstein on spectrum management.
- White House Gives Not To FCC Nominee. // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p1
Reports that during the second week of July 2002, the U.S. White House nominated Jonathan Adelstein to the position of fifth commissioner of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Adelstein stays in limbo. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/11/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 46, p10
Focuses on the possible selection of Jonathan Adelstein for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission following his nomination for the agency. Relationship between Adelstein and the outgoing Senate majority leader Tom Daschle; Approval of the nominations projected in the legislative session;...
- Adelstein Nomination Moves Ahead. Rockwel, Mark // Wireless Week;7/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p10
Reports on developments in the nomination of Jonathan Adelstein as U.S. Federal Communications Commission commissioner as of July 2002. Question asked from Adelstein in his appearance before the Senate Commerce Committee; Reason for the delay in confirmation hearings; Comments of wireless...
- Lott stalls Adelstein FCC bid. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p2
Reports the nomination of Jonathan Adelstein for a position at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Intention of Senator Trent Lott to block the nomination of Adelstein; Refusal of Senate Democrats to confirm the nomination of U.S. District Court Judge Charles Pickering; Approval of the...
- Obama nominates Wheeler as new FCC chairman. // Network World;5/6/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that telecom trade group veteran Tom Wheeler has been nominated by U.S. President Barack Obama as chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC).