Powell Adviser: VoiceStream Merger Is Guideline
- FCC OKs DT/VoiceStream combo. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/30/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to approve the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless by German company Deutsche Telekom. How analysts view the merger of the companies; Implications of the merger to the telecommunications industry in the...
- Win some, lose some. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;10/16/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 16, p30
Reports on the decline in Deutsche Telekom's stock as of October 2000. Results of legislative efforts to block the company's merger with VoiceStream Wireless; Implications of the decline in stocks on the company's deal with VoiceStream Wireless; Causes of the decline; Agreement of the German...
- DT's VoiceStream Bid Faces Many Hurdles. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p18
Deals with the hurdles facing the acquisition bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG on United States (U.S.) telecommunication carrier, VoiceStream Wireless Incorporated. Statutes of the United States foreign ownership law; Concerns of U.S. legislators over the deal; Value of the acquisition deal.
- Under the microscope. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p50
Deals with the efforts to block the bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom (DT) for VoiceStream Wireless of the United States (U.S.). Bill introduced to remove the ability of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to waive a statute that prohibits U.S. telecommunications licenses; Percentage of...
- FCC Delays Deutsche Telecom Deal To Analyze Impact. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p5
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission will take time to draft a careful analysis on the proposed acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom. Opposition of Senator Ernest Hollings (D-S.C.), to the proposal; Investigation being conducted by the commission.
- FCC Approves DT Merger. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p1
States that the United States Federal Communications Commission approved the merger of the Deutsche Telekom company with the VoiceStream Wireless company and Powertel Inc. Issues raised about the merger; Significance of the merger to the telecommunication industry.
- It's Ron Sommer Calling-Again. Wallace, Chris // Time;7/31/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p32
Mentions Ron Sommer, top executive at the German telephone company Deutsche Telekom. Efforts to make Deutsche a global telecommunications company with proposed mergers; Interest in VoiceStream Wireless, a Bellevue, Washington firm that uses the same GSM standard as European phone companies.
- Bids for VoiceStream gain momentum. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p3
Reports the planned merger between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom AG in the United States. Benefits of the merger for VoiceStream; Context of the bill blocking purchases of US telecommunication carriers by foreign-government-owned telecommunication firms; Concern over national...
- Letters Spark FCC Probe. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the investigation of forged letters regarding the pending acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom. Content of the letters received by United States Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Gloria Tristani; Implication of the forged letters for the stock...