Making The Grade For Service, Safety
- Call Waiting. Seglin, Jeffrey L. // Inc.;1999 Inc. Technology 3, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p37
Criticizes the cellular phone service of GTE Airfone Inc. available for airline passengers in the United States. Experience of a passenger of a flight going to Atlanta in using the phone; Flaws of the cellular phone product; Response of the manufacturer of the phone.
- Complaining Customers. // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the ranking of cellular phones on the list of the most complained about industries in the U.S. according to a 2003 data released by the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB). Other business that generated more complaints; Factors that contributed to the increase in grievances;...
- A DROP-OUT RATE LIKE NO OTHER. Bailey, Michael // BRW;5/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p13
The article analyzes the impact of the slowdown of the services of Vodafone, a telecommunication company popular for its low prices and infinite data allowances on its mobile phone plans, on customers. The technical problems faced by Vodafone and its failed promise to resolve these in December...
- Complaint Department: They Just Keep Comin' Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;8/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p10
Addresses the complaints over wireless services. Views of Jane Zweig, CEO at Shosteck and Associates, on the nature of complaints; Change in the perception of wireless carriers; Indication of billing issues for wireless carriers.
- LNP complaints to FCC triple in last half of month. // RCR Wireless News;1/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the local number portability-related complaints received by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from November 24 through December 24, 2003, which were targeted at wireless carriers. Increase in the number of complaints since December 8; Concern raised in the complaints;...
- The waiting game. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1999, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
Comments on pending petitions, mutual exclusive applications and complaints against the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Increasing estimated pending matters over Wireless Telecommunications Bureau; Author's assertion to focus on geographic licensing prior to auction...
- LNP complaints continue downward trend. // RCR Wireless News;4/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p12
Reveals that there is a decline in complaints regarding wireless local number portability (WLNP) at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the period February 24 to March 24, 2004. Total number of complaints regarding WLNP received by FCC since November 24, 2003; Number of...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.