New pediatric guidelines published by NIH, CDC
- Influenza and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection: Absence of HIV Progression after Acute Influenza Infection. Golden, Marjorie P.; Sajjad, Zebu; Elgart, Linda // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/01/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p1366
Focuses on a study which investigated the impact of influenza on HIV-infected patients in New Haven, Connecticut. Patients and methods; Characteristics of study participants; Clinical manifestations attributed to influenza.
- Drug-Susceptible Tuberculosis Outbreak in a State Correctional Facility Housing HIV-Infected Inmates-South Carolina, 1999-2000. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;11/24/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 46, p1041
Describes the investigation of South Carolina's Department of Corrections and Department of Health and Environmental Control on the outbreak of drug-susceptible tuberculosis (TB). Details on the need for increased vigilance for TB in settings in which HIV-infected persons congregate; Results of...
- Increasing Viral Burden in CD4+ T Cells from Patients with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection Reflects Rapidly Progressive Immunosuppression and Clinical Disease. Schnittman, Steven M.; Greenhouse, Jack J.; Psallidopoulos, Militiades C.; Baseler, Michael; Salzman, Norman P.; Fauci, Anthony S.; Lane, H. Clifford // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/90, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p438
Investigates the relation between viral burden and immunologic decline in patients with asymptomatic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection. Background on HIV-1; Clinical and immunologic characteristics of healthy HIV-1-seropositive patients; Direct and likely causal relation...
- Haemophiliacs sue British government. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/16/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6701, p700
Reports on the legal action taken by hemophiliacs against the government in Great Britain. Unity among 500 families to seek compensation for hemophiliacs contaminated with HIV positive through blood transfusion; Provision of preliminary hearing for defendants to file defenses; Percentage of the...
- Hydroxyurea-Induced Hepatitis in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Positive Patients. Weissman, Sharon B.; Sinclair, Gary I.; Green, Cynthia L.; Fissell, William H. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/1/99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p223
Describes cases hydroxyurea-induced hepatitis in human immunodeficiency virus-positive patients. Antiviral therapy of the patients; Results of laboratory studies for the cases; Complication of hydroxyurea chemotherapy.
- Circulating p24 Antigen Levels and Responses to Dideoxycytidine in Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infections. Merigan, Thomas C.; Skowron, Gail; Bozzette, Samuel A.; Richman, Douglas; Uttamchandani, Raj; Fischl, Margaret; Schooley, Robert; Birsch, Martin; Soo, Whaijen; Pettinelli, Carla; Schaumburg, Herbert // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/1/89, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p189
Presents a study that determined the safety and efficacy of dideoxycytidine in HIV infections. Design of the study; Setting of the study; Profile of patients; Intervention given on the the patients; Analysis on the data; Discussion on the results.
- Symptomatic Lactic Acidosis in Hospitalized Antiretroviral-Treated Patients with Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection: A Report of 12 Cases. Coghlan, Michael E.; Sommadossi, Jean-Pierre; Jhala, Nirag C.; Many, Wickliffe J.; Saag, Michael S.; Johnson, Victoria A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1914
We retrospectively investigated the clinical and histopathologic features of hospitalized patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus who had symptomatic lactic acidosis syndrome at a university teaching hospital during 1995--2000. Twelve patients were identified, 11 during 1998--2000;...
- Hyperlactatemia and Antiretroviral Therapy: The Swiss HIV Cohort Study. Boubaker, K.; Flepp, M.; Sudre, P.; Furrer, H.; Haensel, A.; Hirschel, B.; Boggian, K.; Chave, J.P.; Bernasconi, E.; Egger, M.; Opravil, M.; Rickenbach, M.; Francioli, P.; Telenti, A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1931
The prevalence, clinical presentation, and risk factors for hyperlactatemia among patients receiving antire-troviral therapy was determined during a 1-month period for patients in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study. Overall, 73 (8.3%) of 880 patients presented an increase in serum lactate of 1 1.1...
- HIV/AIDS fundraiser Feb. 19. // Between the Lines (10807551);2/3/2011, Issue 1905, p27
The article offers information on Steppin' Out's second annual "Step Inside the Box," a fundraising event for agencies providing services to people with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS), to held at ZMC Pharmacy in downtwon Royal Oak, Michigan.