Albertsons to Close Nine Stores
- Albertsons LLC Shuts 13 Stores. ZWIEBACH, ELLIOT // SN: Supermarket News;4/16/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 16/17, p8
The article reports on the plan of retailer Albertsons LLC to close 13 of its 17 stores in Florida and operate the four remaining profitable stores including Altamonte Springs, Clearwater and Largo.
- Super Saver to Close 25 Stores. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;6/19/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the plan of Albertsons LLC to close 25 of its 27 Super Saver stores by early August 2006 in the U.S. They join 100 Albertsons-banner stores that were put up for sale a week earlier. The Super Saver closings will affect 11 stores in Texas, 11 in Florida and three in...
- ALBERTSONS LLC TO CLOSE 11 SITES. // SN: Supermarket News;1/18/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on Albertsons LLC's plans to close eight underperforming chain stores in Florida.
- News Watch. // SN: Supermarket News;1/29/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p6
The article presents news briefs concerning the supermarket industry. Albertsons LLC announced it plans to reset and remerchandise its remaining stores in Colorado. E.W. James & Sons here is closing the third and last of its stores in the Lexington, Tennessee area in February 2007. The employees...
- DESERT OASIS. Miller, Lynne // SN: Supermarket News;1/29/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p25
The article focuses on Albertsons' store in Las Vegas, Nevada. With its vast assortment of fresh kosher foods, Albertsons' new store in suburban Las Vegas reminds a lot of shoppers of distant cities where keeping kosher is easy to do. Las Vegas has one of the fastest-growing Jewish communities...
- Miller is optimistic in wake of the transaction. // Chain Drug Review;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p84
The article informs that according to Bob Miller, former chief executive officer at the grocery company Albertsons LLC, the company is optimistic about the 877 stores it decided to purchase and can improve operations and create a winning attitude with store-level associates.
- Once Again, Albertsons Becomes Major Player. // MMR;5/6/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p88
The article focuses on grocery retail firm Albertsons LLC which in 2013 operated 190 Albertsons Market stores and two Super Saver Foods stores in eight states of the U.S. and provided job to 20,000 people.
- Albertson's LLC Boosts Texas Presence With Purchase of United Banners. ZWIEBACH, ELLIOT // SN: Supermarket News;9/16/2013, Vol. 61 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the slated acquisition by Albertsons LLC of 50 stores and other assets from Lubbock, Texas-based The United Family.
- United paring down. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the closure of several United Furniture Warehouse (UFW) stores in Vancouver, British Columbia. Reason for the business failure of UFW; Comments of John Volken, president of promotional retailer on the temporary setback; Causes of closing the retail outlets.