Albertsons to Close Nine Stores
- Albertsons LLC Shuts 13 Stores. ZWIEBACH, ELLIOT // SN: Supermarket News;4/16/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 16/17, p8
The article reports on the plan of retailer Albertsons LLC to close 13 of its 17 stores in Florida and operate the four remaining profitable stores including Altamonte Springs, Clearwater and Largo.
- All Tucson stores to stay as Albertsons trims down. // Inside Tucson Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on Albertsons' plan to close 100 stores in August 2006. The closure would include nine in Arizona but none in Tucson. According to company spokeswoman Stacia Levenfeld, the stores being closed are under-performing. Levenfeld also reveals that Albertsons does not intend to...
- Albertson's reaffirms combo strategy, hints of strengthening GM position. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the dual-branding strategy of Albertson's Inc., designed to leverage its strength in combo stores in the U.S. as of April 8, 2002. Store locations which were shut down for lack of market dominance; Concept of its combo-store format; Promotion of store elements such as general...
- Albertson's targets Hispanic market. Desjardins, Doug // Drug Store News;7/21/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the launch of food and drug chain Albertson's Inc.'s Super Saver store that offers a product mix for Hispanic consumers in San Ysidro, California. Features of the stores; Market format adopted by Albertson's.
- Albertson's unveils new prototype. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;6/21/99, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p2
Highlights the prototype store of Albertson's which opened in Orlando, Florida. Plans of the company; Details on the merger agreement with American Stores; Design and features of the store's interior.
- Super Saver to Close 25 Stores. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;6/19/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the plan of Albertsons LLC to close 25 of its 27 Super Saver stores by early August 2006 in the U.S. They join 100 Albertsons-banner stores that were put up for sale a week earlier. The Super Saver closings will affect 11 stores in Texas, 11 in Florida and three in...
- Albertsons Sale Reshapes Grocery Landscape. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;12/18/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 51, p14
The article discusses the effect of the failure of Albertsons, the third-largest conventional supermarket chain in the U.S., on the competitive landscape in 2006. Minneapolis-based Supervalu acquired Albertsons' best-performing divisions for $24.5 billion. CVS Corp. acquired the chain's...
- ALBERTSONS LLC TO CLOSE 11 SITES. // SN: Supermarket News;1/18/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on Albertsons LLC's plans to close eight underperforming chain stores in Florida.
- Albertsons Store Closings Identified. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;9/7/2012, p3
The article lists the specific store closings of Albertsons Corp. in the U.S. which include the Mesmer & Jefferson, the Harbor & Garden Grove Boulevard, and the Harbor Bouevard & Imperial Highway.