Albertsons to Close Nine Stores
- Albertsons LLC Shuts 13 Stores. ZWIEBACH, ELLIOT // SN: Supermarket News;4/16/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 16/17, p8
The article reports on the plan of retailer Albertsons LLC to close 13 of its 17 stores in Florida and operate the four remaining profitable stores including Altamonte Springs, Clearwater and Largo.
- Albertson's reaffirms combo strategy, hints of strengthening GM position. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the dual-branding strategy of Albertson's Inc., designed to leverage its strength in combo stores in the U.S. as of April 8, 2002. Store locations which were shut down for lack of market dominance; Concept of its combo-store format; Promotion of store elements such as general...
- Super Saver to Close 25 Stores. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;6/19/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the plan of Albertsons LLC to close 25 of its 27 Super Saver stores by early August 2006 in the U.S. They join 100 Albertsons-banner stores that were put up for sale a week earlier. The Super Saver closings will affect 11 stores in Texas, 11 in Florida and three in...
- ALBERTSONS LLC TO CLOSE 11 SITES. // SN: Supermarket News;1/18/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on Albertsons LLC's plans to close eight underperforming chain stores in Florida.
- Albertsons Store Closings Identified. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;9/7/2012, p3
The article lists the specific store closings of Albertsons Corp. in the U.S. which include the Mesmer & Jefferson, the Harbor & Garden Grove Boulevard, and the Harbor Bouevard & Imperial Highway.
- Albertsons sets 26 store closures. Zwiebach, Elliot // Supermarket News Expert Blog;1/15/2014, p15
The article reports on the store closings scheduled by grocery company Albertsons across the U.S. on February 20, 2014.
- News Watch. // SN: Supermarket News;1/29/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p6
The article presents news briefs concerning the supermarket industry. Albertsons LLC announced it plans to reset and remerchandise its remaining stores in Colorado. E.W. James & Sons here is closing the third and last of its stores in the Lexington, Tennessee area in February 2007. The employees...
- United paring down. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the closure of several United Furniture Warehouse (UFW) stores in Vancouver, British Columbia. Reason for the business failure of UFW; Comments of John Volken, president of promotional retailer on the temporary setback; Causes of closing the retail outlets.
- Lifetime closing it's Pfaltzgraff, Farberware chains. // Value Retail News;Oct2008, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the decision of Lifetime Brands to close all of its remaining retail stores in the U.S., as well as its distribution facility in York, Pennsylvania in September 2008. It is noted that a tough retail environment has made it impossible to turn profits at those locations. The...