Petrochemical Earnings are Mixed at Oil Firms
- Exxon sells viscosity improvers to Oronite. // Chemical Week;5/27/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 20, p7
Reports that Exxon Chemical Corporation's Paramins unit will sell a viscosity improvers business to Chevron Chemical Company's Oronite division. Advantage of the sale; Oronite's plan to acquire Paratone crank case olefin.
- Oronite's additives multiply. WALSH, KERRI // Chemical Week;10/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 39, p42
Focuses on the purchase of Exxon Chemical's paratone viscosity index improver (VII) business by Chevron's Oronite Additives unit. Significance of the deal to Chevron; Uses of VII additives; Purpose of Exxon for divesting their business.
- Oil Majors Post Stronger Chemical Results. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/5/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the financial performance of petrochemical operations of U.S. petroleum companies for the first quarter of 2004. Chemical earnings of ExxonMobil; Income posted by the chemicals segment of ConocoPhillips; Profits posted by ChevronTexaco.
- Petchem Earnings Improve at U.S. Oil Firms. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/11/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 16, p9
Reports on the financial performance of U.S. oil firms with petrochemical operations in the first quarter of 2005. Increase in the chemical earnings of ExxonMobil; Net income of ConocoPhillips; Earnings of ChevronTexaco from its chemical operations.
- Chemical Profits at U.S. Oil Companies Slide. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;11/3/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 34, p9
The article reports that most oil companies in the U.S. have reported 2008 third-quarter declines in chemical earnings compared with the year-ago period. ExxonMobil Chemical reported earnings down 10%, to $1.08 billion, due to lower margins. Chevron's chemical operations reported earnings down...
- Profits Soar for Oil Majors' Chemical Businesses. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;10/25/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 26, p11
The article reports on the improved financial performance of the chemical businesses of oil firms in the third quarter of 2010, including the increase in net income of ExxonMobil Chemical, Shell Chemical and ConocoPhllips' chemicals segment.
- Exxon sells viscosity business. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/01/98, Vol. 253 Issue 22, p5
Reports that Exxon Chemical Corp. sold its crankcase olefin copolymer viscosity index improver business to Chevron Chemical Co. division, Oronite Additives.
- Chevron buys Paratone biz. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/12/98, Vol. 254 Issue 15, p7
Announces the acquisition of assets of Exxon Chemical's Paratone crankcase olefin copolymer viscosity index improver business by Chevron Chemical Co. division, Oronite Additives.
- US CHEMICAL INDUSTRY POSTS BANNER YEAR. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/5/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the financial performance of the top U.S.-based chemical companies in 2004. Sales result of Dow Chemical Co.; Increase in the revenue of ExxonMobil Chemical Co.; Net profit of Chevron Philips Chemical Co. LP.