LEED-NC Is From Mars, LEED-EB Is From Venus
- 'Green' comes in different shades. Walker, Sarah // New Hampshire Business Review;3/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p38
The article provides basic definitions of green design and construction. Energy-efficient building includes construction that requires less energy to operate. Sustainable building means all aspects of the building are meant to have low impact on the environment and healthy for the occupants....
- If You Don't Measure, You're Just GUESSING. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p5
The article discusses activity updates on the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The author mentions that USGBC will be launching its Building Performance Initiative on August 25, 2009, which is a program for comprehensive data collection effort from all buildings that have leadership in...
- LEED: More Than a Decade of High-Performing Buildings. OWENS, BRENDAN // Environmental Design & Construction;Feb2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on the effort of U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) to ensure the performance of leadership in energy and environmental design (LEED) buildings through a rating system. It states that USGBC has studied the potential of LEED for existing buildings (EB) in terms of...
- Creating Sustainability at a Chocolate Factory. Tucker, Molly Farrell // In Business;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p10
The article presents information about the new packaging, warehousing and distribution facility of the company Lake Champlain Chocolates in Burlington, Vermont. The building is one of a handful in Vermont that is being evaluated for LEEDÂ® certification (Leadership in Energy Efficiency and...
- LEED v4 Passes Ballot, Will Launch in Fall. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Aug2013, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the members of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) have voted to adopt LEED v4, an updated Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) green building rating system, in Fall 2013.
- USGBC publishes first 'LEED in Motion' report. // Engineered Systems;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p48
The article presents a report from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) entitled "LEED in Motion: People and Progress" which indicates that more than four million people work and live in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified buildings.
- San Francisco Considers Mandating Green Building. // Chain Store Age;Apr2007, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p69
The article reports on a fast-track permitting program initiated in San Francisco, California for developers who voluntarily met the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standards of the U.S. Green Building Council. Developers showed an enthusiastic response to the program, and city...
- Report: There are 60,000 LEED structures on earth. // Snips;Feb2014, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on a report from the second installment of the "LEED in Motion" series of the U.S. Green Building Council which claims that 60 000 structures or 10.6 billion square feet of buildings under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) are certified around the world.
- USGBC Adopts LEED v4. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/9/2013, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) to adopt Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) v4, which would challenge the market to make the next leap toward better, cleaner and healthier building.