- Test tube terrace. // Green Futures;Jan2012 Supplement, p21
The article offers information on the Energy House which has been constructed in a laboratory at Salford University, England for testing the energy saving technologies.
- Smart renovations decisions yield large returns. Michael, Charles J. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/15/95, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p26
Features a study for a project carried out by New England Electric to illustrate how to avoid extra utility costs by emphasizing energy during the design of major building renovation. Basic energy efficiency path; Control of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC); Efficient motors;...
- GREEN STANDS FOR MORE THAN MONEY. Feretic, Eileen // Baseline;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 105, p8
The article focuses on the benefits of using energy-efficient technologies for business enterprises in the U.S. The use of energy-efficient technologies can reduce carbon emissions and help boost the corporate image of the firm. However, some firms hesitate to use energy-efficient technologies...
- Energy-Saving Opportunities in Green Buildings. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses the energy saving opportunities for buildings using energy efficient technology. Because Ashforth Pacific Co. had invested in modern energy efficient technologies, they were able to further cut energy consumption through low and no cost methods including, cutting back the...
- Green solutions can mean savings for building owners. Deveau, Frank J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/25/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p17
The article discusses benefits that can be gained by building owners in the U.S. from complying with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. The energy law established a tax deduction for commercial buildings that reduce annual energy and power consumption before December 2008. According to the author,...
- Net-zero schools save big. DeNisco, Alison // District Administration;Jul2015, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p14
The article explains how net-zero energy schools can help school districts in the U.S. save money over time. Topics discussed include the energy produced and consumed by net-zero buildings, the increase in the number of net-zero buildings in the country since 2012, and the financial benefits of...
- Efficiency = jobs. Sullivan, C.C. // Buildings;Feb95, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the decline of the rate of energy efficiency in buildings in the United States. Cost savings; Job creation; Environmental protection.
- Canada's energy miser. DiChristian, M.; Carnett, J.B. // Popular Science;Dec90, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p94
Visits the Advanced House in a Toronto suburb, that may be the most energy-efficient house in Canada. It uses just one-fourth the energy of other homes. Design details; Features. INSET: Integrating just about everything..
- Save energy, save money. W.G.P. // Popular Science;Jun98, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p38
Gives information on the budget proposal of the administration of United States president, Bill Clinton, which includes benefits for buyers of energy-efficient homes. Description of the benefits; Who the plan is available to; Requirements for qualifying homes.