THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Private-Activity Bond Volume Cap Might Ride Omnibus Into Law. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p5
Reports on the possible approval of a community renewal legislation that includes a speedup in the scheduled increase in the private-activity bond volume cap in the United States. Proposed aid package for distressed communities; Municipal market groups' lobbying efforts to make the full...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p8
Presents a legislative report related to the bond market in the United States as of January 20, 2001. Provision of the Public School Construction Partnership Act which allows state and local governments to issue governmental purpose bonds to finance public school construction; Private-use bond...
- Capital gains tax -- corporate bonds. Eastaway, Nigel; Livens, Leslie; Burwood, Stephen // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p25
Reports on amendments to the 62nd clause and 13th subchapter of the British Finance Bill, as proposed by Peter Rees. Amendment of the bond market and relief provisions.
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT[*]. // Bond Buyer;04/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30871, p7
Presents updates on various proposed legislation governing the United States bond market as of April 14, 2000. Includes Better America Bonds Act of 1999; Private-Activity Bond Volume Cap Increase; Taxpayer Bond Fairness Act of 1999.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p36
Presents a chart on the legislative status of bond buyers in the United States. Decision of the Supreme Court on relieving retailers to collect sales tax from out-of-state purchasers; Absence of hearing schedules on some finance legislation; Inclusion of legislation introduced in the 107th...
- Curbing Calif.'s Rovers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p1
Reports on a California legislation regulating the formation of joint power authorities. State Treasurer Philip Angelides and Attorney General Bill Lockyer's hope that the legislation will close loopholes in the law that have allowed issuance of bonds outside of an agency's jurisdiction; Bond...
- Oklahoma On the Road To Garvees. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p1
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has signed a bill that could pave the way for the state's first garvee bond issue. Value of highway lease-revenue obligations for fiscal year 2001, authorized under the proposed bill; Total amount in lease obligations sold by the state through the...
- SEC's New 144A ABS Rules. // Private Placement Letter;4/12/2010, p6
A summary of a newly proposed regulation of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), that could change disclosure requirements of asset-backed securities (ABS) under Rule 144A, is presented.
- Stop-loss protection. // Accountancy;Jun76, Vol. 87 Issue 994, p9
Focuses on the decision of the British Government to introduce an amendment to the Finance Bill.