Tex. Comptroller: Threats to Lower Revenue Estimate Not Ultimatum, Just Facts
- Texas Comptroller Announces Slowed Growth. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31145, p4
Reports on Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander's decision to lower her revenue forecasts for 2002-03. Rylander's decision not to seek the post of lieutenant governor in 2002; Approval of a bill that would change the way the state taxes smokeless tobacco.
- Preliminary Texas Budget Contains Major Cuts, Avoids Rainy-Day Funds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/20/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33453, p20
The article focuses on the budget cuts in the first outline of a spending plan for 2011 from the Texas Legislative Budget Board. It notes state aid to school districts drops which will result to closure four community colleges. It notes governor Rick Perry boasts about the Texas economy but did...
- Texas Comptroller Lowers Revenue Estimates for Biennium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p3
Reports that Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander lowered revenue estimates for the state's 2002-03 bienniel budget. Reasons for the lowering; Economic conditions in the state.
- Rylander: USAA Suit Could Derail Texas Budget. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p4
Presents views of Texas comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander on lawsuits filed by insurance companies against the state. Imposition of taxes by the state; Law suit filed by USAA Insurance Co.
- Free for All in Texas? // Community College Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p11
Reports the proposal of comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander on the implementation of TexasNextStep program for free college education in Texas. Goals on having the most educated workforce in the nation; Sources of funding for the program; Details on the program.
- Sales tax numbers due Nov. 9. // Fort Worth Business Press;11/9/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p2
Reports that Texas comptroller, Carole Keeton Rylander will release city-by-city sales tax receipts on November 2001.
- Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p34
Profiles Carole Keeton Rylander, comptroller of public accounts in Texas. Views on effective treatment with employees; Career background; Achievements for the Railroad Commission.
- Texas Comptroller Chided By USAA For Tactics In Opposition To Suit To Recoup Tax Overpayments. // Insurance Advocate;1/14/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Texas comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander opposed the U.S. Automobile Association for its lawsuit seeking to refund taxes which the group contends were paid in error.
- Cautious Estimates Keep Texas on Short List of Trouble-Free States. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the impact of conservative revenue estimates issued by Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander on economy of Texas. Concerns for the state's 2004 biennium; Possible sale of multibillion dollar debt; Need for financing construction of roads in several colonies.