House Member Founds Caucus to 'Increase Awareness' of Construction
- Much needed win-win. Constantino, Darren // Pit & Quarry;Feb2009, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses the economic stimulus package which is being worked on by the U.S. House of Representatives in response to the needs of the infrastructure industry. It states that the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) have noted their need for federal support. Through the bill,...
- New funding. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2010, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p27
The article reports on the move by the Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives to gather votes to pass the Jobs for Main Street Act of 2010. The bill includes 39 billion dollars for transportation infrastructure programs with additional extension of the Surface Transportation Extension...
- They're Already Coming. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;4/2/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the possibility of the rise in costs of infrastructure as told to the U.S. House subcommittee. Reasons for the rise in costs; Improvements in transportation infrastructure; Suggestions given by Lance Grenzeback, vice president at the transportation consulting firm Cambridge...
- House Democrat Set to Introduce $50 Billion Economic Stimulus Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p5
The top Democrat on the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee plans to introduce an economic stimulus bill that would provide $50 billion over 10 years for the construction of highways, mass transit projects, airport expansion initiatives, and other types of infrastructure. Of...
- ECONOMIC INDICATORS. // Rock Products;Jan2011, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) president Pete Ruane has issued a statement in response to the U.S. House Republican Rules Package which is expected to affect the transportation infrastructure in the country.
- HOUSE APPROVES $8.4-BILLION MILITARY CONSTRUCTION BILL. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/09/99, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p16
Announces the approval by the United States House of a compromise military construction bill for the year 2000. Budget allotted for the military construction; Provisions of the compromise bill.
- ENR Washington observer. Winston, Sherie; Ichiniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/17/98, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p9
Presents news on various policies and regulations concerning the construction industry in the United States (US). Tight schedule of the US Congress to complete spending bills; Approval of a one-year reauthorization of the Airport Improvement Program by the House; Reactions of small business...
- Border crisis prompts hearing. // Graham Leader;7/13/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 95, p5A
The article offers information on various issues in Texas as of July 13, 2014 including a U.S. House Homeland Security Committee field hearing held on July 3, 2014, cost analysis of new school construction, and a new data source about the economic effect of military installations in Texas.
- Ways & Means Approves $275 Billion Over Six Years for Highways and Transit. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p5
Focuses on the approval of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee on the tax portion of legislation providing budget for the road construction, transit projects and related safety initiatives. Budget for the infrastructures; Significant provisions of the legislation; Components of the highway...