As Fiscal Self-Governance Nears, D.C. Slammed in Report
- Gao Tells Dingell He Won't Get Bank - Tying Report Until Friday. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p48
Reports on the decision of the U.S. General Accounting Office not to send its report on the so-called bank-tying practices to Rep. John Dingell. Exploration of allegations of tying abuses by market participants; Conditions on the availability of prices; Generation of bond issue.
- GAO Sides With OCC in Equity Ownership Dispute. Duran, Nicole // American Banker;9/19/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 180, p4
Focuses on the support of the General Accounting Office (GAO) on the move of the Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) in allowing banks to own equities. Purpose of the move; Criteria of OCC on the publication of interpretative decisions; Advice of GAO on the publication of equity decisions.
- Report finds no easy solutions for disparities in school funding. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;06/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p23
Reports in June 1998 that the United States General Accounting Office found that it was virtually impossible to achieve school funding equity across the country. Description of a report released by the Office; Factors influencing the disparities.
- GAO warns that Medicaid waivers may raise federal spending. // Primary Care Weekly;4/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p3
Reports on a study by the US General Accounting Office which cautions that state efforts to achieve savings through Medicaid managed care waiver demonstration programs may imperil federal deficit reduction and end up costing more. Growth in Medicaid spending; GAO's suggestion for federal...
- GAO declares the state block grant program a success. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;May96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p18
Reports that the General Accounting Office (GAO) of the United States has announced that the experimental program allowing certain states to administer Airport Improvement Program funds was a success, and should be extended to other states. Listing of the seven states were the program was...
- GAO reports eight deals under 1993 bond program. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30434, p4
Presents the highlights of the United States General Accounting Office's review of the Empowerment Zone bond program. Evaluation of the use of empowerment zone and enterprise community tax incentives; Bond deals reported since 1995; Criticisms concerning the requirements of the program.
- Suburban RHC certification on the rise. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p23
Deals with the report of U.S. General Accounting Office that the Rural Health Clinic program is increasingly certifying well-staffed, suburban clinics as rural health clinics. Analysis on the increased of certification of clinics in areas with populations of 50,000 or more; Reason why the...
- Relievers not worth it? R.A.S. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Oct94, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p37
Features US Congress' General Accounting Office (GAO) report on reliever airport development funds. Unquantified effect of the Airport Improvement Program's (AIP) funding of reliever airport development; GAO's recommendation of reliever airport fund redirection; Reduction of the number of...
- GAO Report Determines That D.C. Has Up to $1.1B Imbalance Yearly. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p38
District of Columbia has a permanent ï¿½structural imbalanceï¿½ beyond its control of up to $1.1 billion each year that represents the difference between the cost of providing services to the public and the federal city's ability to raise revenues. A study from the U.S. General...