Moskow: Economy Aided by Productivity
- News In Brief: Chicago Fed NAI Rises to -0.77. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p2
Reports on the increase of the Chicago Fed national activity index which is still consistent with an economic recession according to the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago as of February 5, 2002. Factors causing the economic recession; Overview on how the index is constructed.
- Economy shifts to a lower gear in 2001. Strauss, William A.; Munley, Michael // Chicago Fed Letter;Feb2001, Issue 162a, p1
Summarizes the presentations at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's Outlook Symposium held on December 1, 2000, which forecasted the economic condition in the United States. Forecasters' expectations for 2001; Discussion on credit conditions and consumer spending; Outlook for the steel industry.
- Financial conditions tightened. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/12/2015, pA02
The article announces the tightened financial conditions of the U.S. in the week ended February 6, 2015, according to the National Financial Conditions Index of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Economic Outlook Symposium: Summary of 2010 results and forecasts for 2011. Strauss, William A. // Chicago Fed Letter;Feb2011, Issue 283, p1
The article focuses on the summary of results from the 2010 Economic Outlook Symposium (EOS) held on December 3, 2010 by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the economic forecast for the U.S. for 2011. It mentions that the unemployment rate in the U.S. increased ton 10 percent in 2009 from 5...
- Chicago Fed Survey Sees Growth Slowing. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p2
The article reports that the U.S. economic growth, as measured by gross domestic product (GDP), will be more moderate in 2005 as compared to 2004, with less inflation and a lower unemployment rate. This prediction came from a consensus of participants at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's...
- Nov. Chicago Fed Nat'l Activity Index Widens to Negative 0.30. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;12/21/2015, p1
The Chicago Fed National Activity Index for November dropped to negative 0.04 from a revised negative 0.17 reading in October, while the three-month moving average (CFNAI-MA3) dipped to negative 0.20 from an upwardly revised negative 0.18 in October, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reported...
- Market's Just 'Muddling Along'. Triplett, Tim // Metal Center News;Oct2012, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p28
The article focuses on the present economic scenario of the U.S. It informs that economy is not showing stronger growth, and highlights the control over inflation in the country. It mentions William Strauss senior economist at the company Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago on position of the U.S....
- Economic Outlook Symposium: Summary of 2009 results and forecasts for 2010. Strauss, William A.; Lombardi, Britton // Chicago Fed Letter;Feb2010, Issue 271, p1
Information about several papers discussed at the Economic Outlook Symposium on December 4, 2009 sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is presented. Topics include the economic performance in the U.S. in 2009, the country's economic forecasts in 2010 such as the steel outlook, heavy...
- Capital Markets and the Economy. Strauss, William // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p57
The article presents the outlook of William Strauss, senior economist and economic advisor for Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in Illinois, on the U.S. economy and capital markets. Strauss relates that the 3.2% growth of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010 is nowhere near normal....