New Hampshire Supreme Court Overturns Property Tax Ruling
- A Federal Forum for Broad Constitutional Deprivation by Property Tax Assessment. Berry, Stephen // California Law Review;Jul77, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p828
Since 1937 a federal statute has blocked federal courts from enjoining the collection of state taxes where state courts have provided protesting taxpayers with adequate remedies. This Article reviews this statute and modern abstention law, which is rapidly diminishing the jurisdiction of federal...
- Taxing times for investors. // Crain's New York Business;9/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p1
Reports that the Senate Finance Committee is considering proposed tax changes that would make recapturing depreciation on the sale of property taxable at a higher rate, as ordinary income, rather than at the lower capital gains rate.
- Signs point to more frequent property revaluations. Lessard, Joseph W. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/21/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p15
Examines the impact of the revised property tax in New Hampshire. More frequent property revaluations; Provision that communities are not required to value property at market value; Limitations of the previous property tax law; Authority of the Board of Tax and Land Appeals for ordering a...
- This 747 Took Off Like a Rocket. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;11/12/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 42, p6
Focuses on Washington's I-747 initiative that would limit property taxes per year. How the initiative is being promoted among voters; View of anti-tax activist Tim Eyman on I-747.
- STANDARDS, PROCEDURES, AND LAWS UNDER THE FSMA: GITWANGAK FIRST NATION PROPERTY TAXATION LAW, 2012. // First Nations Gazette;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p2164
The article provides an overview of the property taxation law effective June 21, 2012 by the Gitwangak First Union in British Columbia. The making of laws respecting taxation at Gitwangak under the First Nations Fiscal and Statistical Management Act (FSMA) is discussed. Definitions of terms and...
- 2.8 REAL ESTATE TAX LAW. // Montenegro Household Survey;Jun2003, Issue 7, p41
Presents information on the real estate tax law in Montenegro. Comparison between the new and old real tax law; Provisions of the real estate tax law; Information on the tax calculation on cultivated and non-cultivated land.
- The effects of Truth-in-Taxation on controlling property taxes. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/1/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p22
No abstract available.
- SALES AND FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. // Tax Lawyer;Summer87, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p1185
Reports taxation developments from the Committee on Sales and Financial Transactions of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association. Legislative changes of the Tax Reform Act of 1986; Regulation on real estate mortgage investment conduits; Prohibition of the use of the installment...
- Vote to Repeal Estate Tax. // Practical Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' passage of the Death Tax Elimination Act of 2000. Threat of President Bill Clinton to veto the legislation; Proposal of lower estate and gift tax rates by 20%.