Jobless Claims Up 9,000 to 421,000
- Jobless Claims Off 32,000 to 320,000. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the United States in the week ended December 9, 2000.
- Jobless Claims Off 23,000 to 333,000. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p2
Reports on the decline in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the United States in the week ended December 23, 2000. Tightening of the labor market in the country; Seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate int he week ended December 16.
- Jobless Claims Off 34,000 to 400,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p2
Reports on the decline in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the United States for the week ended June 16, 2001.
- First-Time Jobless Claims Lowest Since 1973. // American Banker;4/24/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 78, p18
Reports on a decrease in the number of people seeking first-time unemployment benefits in the United States. Factors which include the health of the US economy; Indications that the number will decrease further.
- Unemployment insurance program solvency in the 1980's. Burtless, Gary; Vroman, Wayne // Monthly Labor Review;May85, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on the unemployment insurance programs in the U.S. Impact of economic downturns on the programs; Occurrence of the pressure to raise employer payroll taxes and reduce benefit outlays; Losses on the trust fund reserve adequacy.
- Fourth-quarter economy slowdown sharper than originally expected and corporate profits decline... Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;4/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p10
Focuses on the economic slowdown and decline corporate profits in the United States. Revelation of demands for low unemployment benefits by the Labor Department; Factors causing the economic slowdown; Contribution of the motor industry to the gross domestic product.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p2
Reports on economic developments in the United States, as of August 24, 2001. Highlights of the United States Federal Open Market Committee's June meeting; Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia's survey of professional forecasters concerning their economic expectations for the year; First-time...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Vadum, Matthew; Sanchez, Humberto; O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p2
Presents business and economic developments related to the United States as of April 16, 2001. Sales of U.S. retailers for March 2001; Percentage decrease of the producer price index; Number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits.
- THE WORRIED CONSUMER. // Fortune;3/4/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p58
Presents graphs which illustrate the correlation between the increase in unemployment claims in 1996 and the resulting decrease in consumer confidence and credit card purchases.