- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p51
Presents data on the performance of stock price indexes of bonds in the U.S., as of September 28, 2001. Growth registered in Municipal Bond Index in 2001; Visible supply of bonds offered at competitive bidding and through negotiations over a period of 30 days; Estimated sales of bonds...
- Yield Indexes Drop as Investors Flee to Safety of Debt. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;5/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31394, p34
Reports on the declining yield indexes in the U.S. Investor preference for safety of debt securities with strong new-issue pricings; Trading status in the Treasury market; Consequences from the maturity and redemption of bonds.
- Bond indexes losing relevance. Knecht, Luke // Pensions & Investments;11/11/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p12
Examines the relevance of bond market indexes as appropriate reference points for measuring risk or return for fixed-income investors in the United States, as of November 11, 2002. Example of a one-year return prospects for a 10-year Treasury security; Impact of decline in bond prices on the...
- Treasuries Cancel Out Yield Gains. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/3/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 44, p9
The article reports on the mixed weekly yield indexes by the "Bond Buyer" for the week ending December 3, 2010 in the U.S., in which tax-exempts has cancel out the early-week gains with Treasury-driven losses.
- Market Glimmers, But Just For A Day. Clouse, Carol J.; Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;10/23/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p1
Reports the performance of the bond market in the United States and Europe. Increase of market bond index; Accounts on the bond prices of telecommunication companies Colt, VersaTel and Jazztel; Assessment of market analysts on the market upswing; Opinion of United States Federal Reserve...
- Key Market Views: Leaving Lagos. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/29/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p21
The article presents an outlook for the performance of Ghana's global bond and the Lagos All-Share Index (LASI) and SEMDEX of Nigeria as of June 2009. The authors claim that the technical and fundamental pictures for both look less appealing, but the LASI could recover some of its end-2008...
- Bam! Ka-Pow! Boof! It's a Batman market. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p54
Deals with the near collapse of the NASDAQ stock index in the United States. Concerns raised about the stock index's attempt to regroup from the speculative excesses of the technology fever; Need for portfolio managers to raise enough cash to that they are amply liquid to invest in sectors that...
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/07/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p25
Presents updates on the U.S. stock market as of July 1, 2003. Analysis of the Dow Jones Index and the Standard & Poor's Index; Stock trading rates of several companies; Municipal bond market levels.
- The Equilibrium Relations between Stock Index and Bond Index: Evidence from Bursa Malaysia. Ahmed, Huson Joher Ali // International Research Journal of Finance & Economics;2009, Issue 30, p7
This paper aims at examining the correlation structure, co-integration relationship and volatility linkage between stock and bond market indices over a period from January 1994 to June 2004. This study uses Johansen Cointegratoin test, VECM-X model and GARCH (1,1) with MDH model to examine the...