Suburban Detroit Hospital Prepares Its Largest Issue Ever
- synthetic refunding: a financial tool for low interest-rate environment. Jordahl, Eric; Ponton, Kevin T. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p102
Offers tips for U.S.-based hospitals on how to use synthetic refunding as a financial instrument for bond refinancing. Features of synthetic refunding; Reduction of high interest-rate debt by using an interest rate swap; Risks associated with synthetic refunding.
- Dallas schools aim to fast-track underwriter team, deal for early '99. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p3
Focuses on Dallas Independent School District's search for an underwriting team to handle an expected refunding in 1999. Board of Trustees' postponement of bond referendum it had planned for February 1999; Projected savings from the refunding; School district's involvement in scandal that led...
- Texas agency finds refunding done for health care center gets keen response. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p38
Reports that institutional investors have bought Tyler Health Facilities Development Corp. revenue refunding bonds issued to generate interest rate savings for the Mother Frances Hospital Regional Health Care Center in Texas. Pricing; Original issue; Ratings; Hospital's intent to come to market...
- Rochester, N.Y., Hospital Selling $35 Million of High-Yield Tax-Exempts. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p4
Reports on the offering of a multi-million dollar unenhanced tax-exempt debt by Highland Hospital of Rochester in Rochester, New York. Price imposed for the sale of bonds; Use of the proceeds to help expand operations and refund some existing debt; Importance of the refunding to improve the...
- Illinois Hospital System Upgraded Ahead of Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;8/28/2015, p1
Illinois-based OSF Healthcare System won an upgrade ahead of its September new money and refunding sale for $367 million in recognition of its improved financial performance.
- MICHIGAN: Foiled Hospital to Try Again. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p9
The article reports on the approval of a measure by the Kalamazoo City Commission for Bronson Methodist Hospital to refund up to $215 million in revenue bonds. The bonds will be issued through the Kalamazoo Hospital Finance Authority. Proceeds of the deal will be used to refund two series of...
- Chicago's Swedish Covenant Dropped One Notch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
Stand-alone Chicago-based Swedish Covenant Hospital was affirmed by one rating agency and dropped one notch to BBB by another ahead of its $120 million new money and refunding sale.
- Friends Life defends bonds trail cancellation. Selby, Tom // Fundweb;9/6/2013, p4
The article reports on the justification of life assurance company Friends Life Ltd. concerning its bonds trail cancellation. According to the company, it is within its rights to cancel trail commission on onshore bonds in spite of the branding of the advisers of the move as indefensible. It...
- Hospital Sisters Refunding With Eye on Future Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34206, p1
Springfield, Ill.-based Hospital Sisters Services Inc. will refund $180 million of bonds Wednesday shedding some of its floating rate exposure.