Fitch Gives Thumbs Up to Senior Lien Portion of Chicago PFC Deal
- Off-site pre-fabricators win 'sub' ruling. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p67
The article reports that the Third Appellate District Court of Appeals of California on December 5, 2011, upheld the ruling of a lower court that a supplier of custom components is a subcontractor and is entitled to lien and payment bond rights of mechanics under California law.
- New Hampshire mechanic's liens and bond claims. Kenison, Michael J. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/27/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p27
The article discusses the mechanic's liens and bond claims in New Hampshire wherein through them, contractors and suppliers can obtain security for payment.
- Recent Collection Issues. Mitzner, Ira R. // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p54
Explores traditional vehicles for combating employer delinquencies as well as development in bonds, negotiated liens and theories that seek relief from the employer as a 'fiduciary.' Details on legal principles underlying the duty to collect delinquencies; Information on collection litigation;...
- Connenticut Readies $215 Million Sale for Transportation Infrastructure. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Reports on the plan of Colorado to sell multi-million dollars in special tax obligation bonds on two days in November 2002. Contribution of the sale proceeds for state's transportation infrastructure program; Grade of ratings given to the deal by different ratings agencies; Details of the...
- St. Louis Metro Readies Debt Restructuring. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;6/19/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33931, p1
This article reports on a 375 million dollar-bond to be issued by St. Louis Metro transit in Chicago, Illinois in June 2013. The bond is under a restructuring and refunding that will introduce a lien supported by revenues from sales tax. Retail order period is scheduled on June 26, 2013, with...
- Delinquent-liens bill chugs along in Ohio legislature. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p37
Discusses the possibility of urban counties in Ohio being able to raise cash by selling liens for delinquent property taxes or leveraging them to back bond issues if a pending legislation successfully passes the state House following a November 13, 1997 approval from the Senate. Terms of the...
- As Predicted, Philadelphia Agency Defaults on $46M of Insured Tax-Lien Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31934, p4
Reports that a Philadelphia authority has defaulted on multimillion insured tax-lien bonds it sold in 1997 as a way to raise cash. Opposition of the city Controller, Jonathan Saidel on the tax-lien deal; Saidel's discussion of the probable impact of the default on the cost of bond insurance for...
- Chicago to Refund $155M of O'Hare Debt, Closing First Lien. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32516, p6
The article presents information on a deal under which O'Hare International Airport general airport revenue bonds will be refunded by Chicago. The deal would mark the closing of the airport's first lien and would enable the city to reduce airlines costs. It would be done by restructuring debts...
- St. Louis Transit Off Track. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/24/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33651, p1
The article reports on the credit ratings given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to St. Louis public transit agency wherein it has downgraded the Bi-State Development Agency of Missouri-Illinois Metropolitan district's 322 million U.S. dollar worth of senior-lien bonds from 2002 and 2007 from A into A-minus.