Hartford, Conn., Gets Smacked With Negative Outlooks
- The Ratings Industry... Villamil, José J. // Caribbean Business;5/2/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p13
The article focuses on the great deal of concern generated from the downgrades of Puerto Rico's debt which pushed the government's financial team to urgently act the issue to prevent serious consequences in terms of access to financial markets.
- Investors And Agencies Disagree On Theater Ratings. J.F. // High Yield Report;7/19/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p1
Analyzes the disagreement between investors and rating agencies on movie theater debt ratings in the United States for the week ending July 19, 2004.
- Debt up, dividends down. Burr // Electric Light & Power;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the forces that drive electric utilities toward unsecured, shorter-term debt, and decrease dividend payouts. Percentage of debt servicing of transmission and distribution entities in their overall capital structures; Effect of the changing utility business environment on the way...
- Letters from the Editors. Rao, Ramesh P.; Simkins, Betty J.; Abuaf, Niso // Journal of Applied Finance;2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss various reports published within the issue including one on sovereign debt risk, one on the evolving role of rating agencies, and one on credit risk.
- P.R. Buyers Run For The Exits. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;4/11/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33893, p1
The article discusses the issues related to the commonwealth's worsening fiscal crisis of Puerto Rico. It mentions that the state's commonwealth has faced downgrades of its general obligation debt assigned by major rating agencies from December 2012 to March 2013. According to senior fixed...
- THE RATINGS SOUP Do increasing competition and the lack of a vibrant debt market in the country spell trouble for the industry? BHUVA, RAJIV // Business Today;10/16/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p64
The article reports that competition in India has led to rating inflation. Rating agencies grade IPOs on fundamental strengths and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) does not expect them to comment on issue pricing. Rating agencies need to diversify, because of the lack of...
- Credit Rating in India: A Study of Rating Methodology of Rating Agencies. Kaur, Kuljeet; kaur, Rajinder // Global Journal of Management & Business Research;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p63
Credit rating is the symbolic indicator of the current opinion of rating agencies regarding the relative capability of issuer of debt instrument, to service the debt obligations as per contract. The corporations with specialized functions namely, assessment of the likelihood of the timely...
- Moody's downgrades Dallas love field again. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p37
Reports on the downgraded rating provided by Moody's Investors Services for the debt sold by Dallas Love Field Airport in Dallas, Texas. Net revenues; Decline in passengers; Reduction in daily flights; Debt load.
- The borrowing binge. Colquhoun, Lachlan // BRW;03/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p64
Evaluates the conditions of corporate debt in Australia. Threat of an economic recession; Impact of corporate debts on the economy of the country; Concern over the number of ratings downgrades from big ratings agencies; Debts in the banking sectors. INSET: AUSTRALIA HAS LESS TO FEAR, by...